#711  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:33 AM
BuiltTooLong's Avatar
BuiltTooLong BuiltTooLong is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Courses Played: 91
Posts: 438
Niced 385 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappabearlee View Post
Buzzz = beadless wasp
Buzzz = Super Straight Modified Wasp

That was on the stamp for a number of years.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:13 PM
GMcAtee GMcAtee is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Owensburg, IN
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 447
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 240
Niced 82 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Hope things go well for the Doss's. I've always found most micro-brews taste awful.

Usually filled with odd artificial flavorings. Give me bwiser anytime. Don't need a trendy growler either.
I'm with you. Most of them are pretty rough. I love a German Lager.........sometimes too much.
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:33 PM
GMcAtee GMcAtee is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Owensburg, IN
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 447
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 240
Niced 82 Times in 36 Posts
Default

A McBeth personalized line at Discraft would be a huge investment for Discraft if they don't use existing molds.

At work we've ran the numbers on the cost of cutting the molds, buying machine time (which we have the presses), paying set up techs (we have a couple of awesome ones), and purchasing resin (which we have plenty of scrap resin we could use for free due to non-automotive manufacturing quality standards). For a startup, it would take a while to make back our money.

But, I could see players wanting to buy a replica McBeth bag. For a big name company, it may pay off huge.
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM
lyleoross's Avatar
lyleoross lyleoross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 4,386
Niced 1,121 Times in 656 Posts
Default

Wait, I'm lost. Is Simon signing with Discraft or not?
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:47 PM
DiscNinja33's Avatar
DiscNinja33 DiscNinja33 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Michigan
Courses Played: 41
Posts: 123
Niced 194 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Wait, I'm lost. Is Simon signing with Discraft or not?


He signed a 5 year extension with Discmania. Paul isn’t signing with Discraft, but the Internet is having fun with the possibility.
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 233
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,424
Niced 897 Times in 423 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
He signed a 5 year extension with Discmania. Paul isn’t signing with Discraft, but the Internet is having fun with the possibility.
Inside knowledge? Fill us in Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old 10-29-2018, 02:04 PM
lyleoross's Avatar
lyleoross lyleoross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 4,386
Niced 1,121 Times in 656 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
He signed a 5 year extension with Discmania. Paul isn’t signing with Discraft, but the Internet is having fun with the possibility.
I don't think you get how the internet thingy works. Anything that is remotely fact based is verboten.

So, Paul to Discmania, Simon to Discraftia, right?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #718  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,392
Niced 328 Times in 199 Posts
Default

Paul is the Discman.
Reply With Quote
  #719  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM
JTacoma03's Avatar
JTacoma03 JTacoma03 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA and SF, CA
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,162
Niced 1,061 Times in 325 Posts
Default

Some of you guys are forgetting that by and large, the leverage for players to re-negotiate their offers from sponsors is very thin. Sponsors can EASILY just say "no thanks".

It's the blessing and the curse of our current market. Manufacturers have too much control, but they also provide much of the opportunity. In business, players are a commodity with an expiration date, and while each is different, the brand will outlast the player under good management.

The fact is, if Paul leaves for Discraft (for example), Innova will be fine. They will take a big gut punch in in PR and in P&L, but they'll still be the biggest manufacturer and biggest company in the sport.

Discraft will gain a ton, but will also assume a TON of risk. Production capacities, stock and logistics, etc.

I know we're all fans of the players here, but we have to still be realistic. Some of the criticisms about who signed what contract and who got the better end of the deal are written from fan perspectives, not investor perspectives.


Just my .02 - read into it (or not) as you like.

Reply With Quote
 

  #720  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:01 PM
hurricaine hurricaine is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 128
Niced 72 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Some of you guys are forgetting that by and large, the leverage for players to re-negotiate their offers from sponsors is very thin. Sponsors can EASILY just say "no thanks".

It's the blessing and the curse of our current market. Manufacturers have too much control, but they also provide much of the opportunity. In business, players are a commodity with an expiration date, and while each is different, the brand will outlast the player under good management.

The fact is, if Paul leaves for Discraft (for example), Innova will be fine. They will take a big gut punch in in PR and in P&L, but they'll still be the biggest manufacturer and biggest company in the sport.

Discraft will gain a ton, but will also assume a TON of risk. Production capacities, stock and logistics, etc.

I know we're all fans of the players here, but we have to still be realistic. Some of the criticisms about who signed what contract and who got the better end of the deal are written from fan perspectives, not investor perspectives.


Just my .02 - read into it (or not) as you like.

its confirmed. mcbeth to discraft.



obviosuly joking

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Bgso General Disc Golf Chat 882 03-26-2018 12:56 AM
The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 1267 07-15-2017 06:23 AM
The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread bhadella General Disc Golf Chat 1046 11-11-2016 10:59 PM
Thoughts on Devan Owens switching sponsors SteezeOG General Disc Golf Chat 18 03-02-2014 11:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.