Old 10-29-2018, 10:33 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 91
Niced 385 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappabearlee View Post
Buzzz = beadless wasp
Buzzz = Super Straight Modified Wasp

That was on the stamp for a number of years.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 01:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 447
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 82 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Hope things go well for the Doss's. I've always found most micro-brews taste awful.

Usually filled with odd artificial flavorings. Give me bwiser anytime. Don't need a trendy growler either.
I'm with you. Most of them are pretty rough. I love a German Lager.........sometimes too much.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 447
Niced 82 Times in 36 Posts

A McBeth personalized line at Discraft would be a huge investment for Discraft if they don't use existing molds.

At work we've ran the numbers on the cost of cutting the molds, buying machine time (which we have the presses), paying set up techs (we have a couple of awesome ones), and purchasing resin (which we have plenty of scrap resin we could use for free due to non-automotive manufacturing quality standards). For a startup, it would take a while to make back our money.

But, I could see players wanting to buy a replica McBeth bag. For a big name company, it may pay off huge.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,121 Times in 656 Posts

Wait, I'm lost. Is Simon signing with Discraft or not?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 41
Niced 194 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Wait, I'm lost. Is Simon signing with Discraft or not?

He signed a 5 year extension with Discmania. Paul isn’t signing with Discraft, but the Internet is having fun with the possibility.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 233
Niced 897 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
He signed a 5 year extension with Discmania. Paul isn’t signing with Discraft, but the Internet is having fun with the possibility.
Inside knowledge? Fill us in Ninja.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,121 Times in 656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
I don't think you get how the internet thingy works. Anything that is remotely fact based is verboten.

So, Paul to Discmania, Simon to Discraftia, right?

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 328 Times in 199 Posts

Paul is the Discman.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,061 Times in 325 Posts

Some of you guys are forgetting that by and large, the leverage for players to re-negotiate their offers from sponsors is very thin. Sponsors can EASILY just say "no thanks".

It's the blessing and the curse of our current market. Manufacturers have too much control, but they also provide much of the opportunity. In business, players are a commodity with an expiration date, and while each is different, the brand will outlast the player under good management.

The fact is, if Paul leaves for Discraft (for example), Innova will be fine. They will take a big gut punch in in PR and in P&L, but they'll still be the biggest manufacturer and biggest company in the sport.

Discraft will gain a ton, but will also assume a TON of risk. Production capacities, stock and logistics, etc.

I know we're all fans of the players here, but we have to still be realistic. Some of the criticisms about who signed what contract and who got the better end of the deal are written from fan perspectives, not investor perspectives.

Just my .02 - read into it (or not) as you like.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Some of you guys are forgetting that by and large, the leverage for players to re-negotiate their offers from sponsors is very thin. Sponsors can EASILY just say "no thanks".

It's the blessing and the curse of our current market. Manufacturers have too much control, but they also provide much of the opportunity. In business, players are a commodity with an expiration date, and while each is different, the brand will outlast the player under good management.

The fact is, if Paul leaves for Discraft (for example), Innova will be fine. They will take a big gut punch in in PR and in P&L, but they'll still be the biggest manufacturer and biggest company in the sport.

Discraft will gain a ton, but will also assume a TON of risk. Production capacities, stock and logistics, etc.

I know we're all fans of the players here, but we have to still be realistic. Some of the criticisms about who signed what contract and who got the better end of the deal are written from fan perspectives, not investor perspectives.

Just my .02 - read into it (or not) as you like.

its confirmed. mcbeth to discraft.

obviosuly joking

Niced: (1)