#2061  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:44 PM
DrBaartman's Avatar
DrBaartman DrBaartman is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ruthton, MN
Posts: 340
Niced 139 Times in 79 Posts
Default

On the MF Roc topic, I noticed there actually was some metal flake rancho ‘Battle Cry’ Rocs ran for USDGC 2010.. one on ebay right now. I stand corrected, thought they literally didnt exist.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2062  
Old 07-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Nenja's Avatar
Nenja Nenja is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tjφrn, Sweden.
Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 626
Niced 193 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
It's all in the tooling. If it's not Rancho tooling, it's a Roc3. Is your MF domey?
So, "Rancho tooling" = got Rancho in the same upper row as the rest of the tooling? Because all the modern discs got Rancho in the bottom of the tooling/machining?

Does all Rocs have patent numbers? I should know this but i didnt look carefully enough on the embossed Rocs i held...

It does have a slight dome, in between the embossed Dx Rocs and the embossed Flat top Dx Rocs. Very Simular to my older penned Innovastore flat top Dx Roc.

Funny enough it actually is identical in dome and PLH to my less stable Champ Huk Roc3.

Oh well, if nothing else i learned that i'm not the only one who prefers the roc Roc to the Roc3.

PS. I read that the only difference between the two molds is the top/dome but this is really not the case right? My Flat top Dx's have a notebly lower rim/PLH compared to my Roc3's.

Last edited by Nenja; 07-15-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2063  
Old 07-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Three Putt's Avatar
Three Putt Three Putt is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rolla, MO.
Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,017
Niced 2,099 Times in 791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenja View Post
So, "Rancho tooling" = got Rancho in the same upper row as the rest of the tooling? Because all the modern discs got Rancho in the bottom of the tooling/machining?

Does all Rocs have patent numbers? I should know this but i didnt look carefully enough on the embossed Rocs i held...

It does have a slight dome, in between the embossed Dx Rocs and the embossed Flat top Dx Rocs. Very Simular to my older penned Innovastore flat top Dx Roc.

Funny enough it actually is identical in dome and PLH to my less stable Champ Huk Roc3.

Oh well, if nothing else i learned that i'm not the only one who prefers the roc Roc to the Roc3.

PS. I read that the only difference between the two molds is the top/dome but this is really not the case right? My Flat top Dx's have a notebly lower rim/PLH compared to my Roc3's.
I seriously can tell you nothing about Roc3 tooling without going home and looking at one, other than it doesn't have the patent number and someplace on the damn thing it has the url for the Innova website. The Rancho Roc still has the patent number and does not have the url in the tooling.

I never look at parting lines. I mean after the fact sometimes, but to use it as a purchasing tool you would have to bring your discs into the store, find a flat surface, yada, yada, yada... Also when I do look at parting lines, they are discs from the same mold. Discs from a different mold usually are supposed to fly different by design, so I'm not sure what knowing the parting line height would do for me. There could be a lot of factors involved in the difference in flight. IMO it's only is really helpful eventuating disc of the same mold.
Reply With Quote
  #2064  
Old 07-25-2019, 04:50 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,755
Niced 481 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Just stopped by to say the DX Roc3X is the best midrange ever. Maybe time will temper that enthusiasm, but for right now I feel it.
Reply With Quote
  #2065  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 PM
lines's Avatar
lines lines is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Asheville NC
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 804
Niced 515 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Just stopped by to say the DX Roc3X is the best midrange ever. Maybe time will temper that enthusiasm, but for right now I feel it.
This is the Roc thread.
Reply With Quote
  #2066  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:18 PM
rusch_bag's Avatar
rusch_bag rusch_bag is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 938
Niced 193 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I have been loving color glow KCs lately. Feels like really good dx and they are on the more overstable side of rocs which I like.
Reply With Quote
  #2067  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:21 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,755
Niced 481 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
This is the Roc thread.
Wait, there are threads for Rocs, Roc3s, Roc3Xs, and VRocs? I don't know whether to be mad at DGCR or Dunnipace.
Reply With Quote
  #2068  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:34 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,316
Niced 239 Times in 126 Posts
Default

VRocX3+
It’s only a matter of time.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #2069  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:43 PM
MarkDSM's Avatar
MarkDSM MarkDSM is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Years Playing: 47.6
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,293
Niced 349 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Thread Should limited stock run DX only. I would allow KC acceptable for ballers. Rest is fancy boy stuff
Reply With Quote
 

  #2070  
Old 07-25-2019, 06:11 PM
lines's Avatar
lines lines is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Asheville NC
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 804
Niced 515 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Wait, there are threads for Rocs, Roc3s, Roc3Xs, and VRocs? I don't know whether to be mad at DGCR or Dunnipace.
Bill Hicks comes to mind...
'Anyone here in advertising?'

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TEAM INNOVA ROC..... Phantom Discs The Marketplace 5 11-12-2013 04:56 PM
Innova super roc ce? BirdmanCR Discs 23 03-27-2013 12:37 PM
Innova super roc Phantom Discs The Marketplace 5 10-01-2012 11:49 PM
Innova roc Andrew26 Discs 2 08-29-2011 04:09 PM
innova roc braxtynh The Marketplace 4 05-23-2009 02:33 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.