Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.1
Courses Played: 233
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,436 Times in 636 Posts

I think you should go out and try to throw them both without wind as a factor.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2015, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,371 Times in 1,519 Posts

How far are you throwing the Wraiths and Giants?

I have a small sample size, but the Giant I found way more HSS than the World and like 20' shorter for me. The World I would rate as a HSS = 0 or -0 (I have a flat VIP), but in a headwind or left to right (RHBH) it definitely turns and fades so I need to hyzer flip it. For as true stable as mine is in calm conditions, with any reasonable wind gusts it does give me some significant turn but it always fades out of it and I've never burned it into a roller. I have a 400' throw with drivers (of many types) for reference but my World is more stable and a bit shorter than that.

If you can crush Giants out there dead straight to fade, I would use those for wind and most drives, and the World for calm condition long distance shots that you can afford a bit of turn. I can't wait for my World to get some turn to it in calm as I think it will add some significant carry to it.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:05 PM

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
How far are you throwing the Wraiths and Giants?

I have a small sample size, but the Giant I found way more HSS than the World and like 20' shorter for me. The World I would rate as a HSS = 0 or -0 (I have a flat VIP), but in a headwind or left to right (RHBH) it definitely turns and fades so I need to hyzer flip it. For as true stable as mine is in calm conditions, with any reasonable wind gusts it does give me some significant turn but it always fades out of it and I've never burned it into a roller. I have a 400' throw with drivers (of many types) for reference but my World is more stable and a bit shorter than that.

If you can crush Giants out there dead straight to fade, I would use those for wind and most drives, and the World for calm condition long distance shots that you can afford a bit of turn. I can't wait for my World to get some turn to it in calm as I think it will add some significant carry to it.
If there is no wind on flat ground, my wraiths go 410-420 average with an occasional 435. The giants go about 425-435 with an occasional 450. I have actually measured throws with rangefinders and trusty google earth so these are pretty accurate. I will say though that that world soars. I was getting maybe 10 more feet with the world over the giant. I do like the idea of the giant as a go to and having a world or two as a long bomber.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Or just dont use the world in headwinds.. use your giants for that.
Use the world for longer shots, turnovers, tailwind.. etc
Old 08-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

Personally, I think the world is the longest moderate headwind driver out their. It has to be a domeyish opto (clear plastic) one.

The tourney plastic in the world is a totally different animal for me.

If it more than moderately windy I switch out to a more overstable disc like the giant to achieve max d.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

I havent thrown a TP world yet, do they generally have more turn?

Old 08-13-2015, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,371 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindog321 View Post
If there is no wind on flat ground, my wraiths go 410-420 average with an occasional 435. The giants go about 425-435 with an occasional 450. I have actually measured throws with rangefinders and trusty google earth so these are pretty accurate. I will say though that that world soars. I was getting maybe 10 more feet with the world over the giant. I do like the idea of the giant as a go to and having a world or two as a long bomber.
That sounds about right then...your extra distance over me is likely the same effect as when I throw into a mild wind and I get a reasonable turn out of my World. In that case I would do what you said with Giants for trustworthy shots and Worlds for more workability and long distance. If you like how they both feel then you don't have to beat a Giant in forever to get it to go further/turn, you can just use a World.