Old 06-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 177 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
I'm really not sure what the issue was with forehanding Wizards. I can do it with Polecats, Putt'rs, and ultimate discs. Voodoos, BB Aviars, fine. Wizards, nope. Something about it gets caught on my hand that apparently no other disc has.

But. That inside rim looks fine to me. I'll probably pick up a soft Anode soon.

Thanks.
The only soft Anodes in production are proton soft (champion) and Electron soft (baseline). You may want to try plasma if champ type plastic isn't your thing. Plasma sits right in between soft and regular neutron /proton. It's a great all around plastic with good grip a and won't get too soft in 90 heat

Stability wise is soft Proton > Plasma > Electron but all pretty identical when new

My plasma anode is my go to upshot disc. It's very predictable and easy to range for me and I love the feel, perfect balance of grip and flexibility.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by asc349; 06-27-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,123 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
On the curved inner rim, is it similar to the Gateway mid's curved inner rim?

I've always had some sort of interest the Ion/Anode, I just never pulled the trigger. But I haven't bought a disc in a year and I'm getting antsy.

How deep is the Ion compared to a Wizard? For some reason I never could flick a Wizard. Every other putter I've used is fine, just not the Wizard.
Similar but a lot more gradual in the Ion/Anode. I actually like the curved rim for FH b/c you can really get your fingers flush against the rim. BH power grips are where people don't like the Ion rims. It doesn't roll off your fingers as quickly as squared off rims so some people can't keep them from releasing a little late but it's never bothered me (and I hate plus rims if that matters). Just takes some getting used to. I think Ions are about the same depth, maybe a little shallower than Wizards. I've never seen Ions as domey as some Wizards can be. If the bead on the Wiz is messing you up, the bead on the Ion doesn't seem to be as noticeable for some reason.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 493 Times in 368 Posts

Mostly everything has been mentioned - so I'll just say - the Atom is awesome - Get a Proton and an Electron and it covers a lot and is super awesome ---- or if just wanting to try one of these, Neutron Atom - its super straight
Old 06-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 871 Times in 596 Posts

I’ll echo the above, I’m using the Electron and a Neutron(cuz swirly goodness) and they just fly so good. Good in the wind, easy to control, they putt well, if you like a faster putter.

Just overall a modern classic disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 645 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
For me the question is, do you want a more normal putter depth that is a bit more of a high ceiling disc and easy to range but can handle all the clean power you can give it? Or do you want more driving specific putters that are more torque resistant, still range pretty well, but can be smashed on to encroach on mids?
Asking the important questions here. The clear answer for me was that I wanted a more driving specific putter that is torque resistant and can be smashed on, yet still range well.

A Neutron Envy, Soft Neutron Envy, and a Soft N Proxy now cover shots I used to carry 2 wizards, 2 Rocs, and 2 truths for. 3 discs kicking out 6 discs. I don't even know why I still carry any mids. Proxy and Envy will go functionally as far.

In regards to the high line vs low line question, the Proxy has so little low speed stability that it can be thrown lightly to hit more traditional floaty putter lines like a wizard or aviar without flexing out.

No joke, switching to proxy/envy for throwing putters has saved me a couple strokes a round, easily. I used to have at least one wizard shot per round where I wouldn't release it cleanly and throw it into trouble. Proxy/Envy are so forgiving of slight form deficiencies that I no longer have this issue. It also helps that I strongly prefer the low profile feel.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 7
Niced 269 Times in 161 Posts

The Proxy-Envy combo is amazing, I have removed mids from my bag as well. I don't need them anymore

Old 06-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 645 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
The Proxy-Envy combo is amazing, I have removed mids from my bag as well. I don't need them anymore
I'm still carrying an old KC Roc and 2 Truths, but I never throw them. I may as well take them out of the bag, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've got multiple pat# KC Rocs, an 11x Roc, and a USDGC Roc all just chilling in the basement. All either had a prominent spot in the bag or were purchased with intent to bag. Proxy/Envy combo is just too good. Their versatility is just stupid. If there has ever been a "multi-purpose" disc, it's the neutron Envy.