Old 11-20-2018, 01:02 PM

Niced 50 Times in 15 Posts
Default Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I've never thrown a Witness, so I have no comment for you there.

Regarding Trilogy plastics, both Fuzion and Lucid feel more gummy to me than Innova Star plastic, and much more gummy than Champion plastic. Honestly Fuzion and Lucid feel very similar to each other in the hand, although obviously they look very different. I've found Lucid holds its stability longer, but will sometimes lose a signficant amount of stability on one bad tree hit. It seems to lose its stability in chunks rather than gradually, which to me is the biggest knock on the plastic. Fuzion will break in a little quicker than Lucid, but it does so much more gradually. Or put another way, Fuzion stability decreases in a linear pattern whereas Lucid seems to lose its stability in a series of steps. Biofuzion Plastic is an excellent and underrated plastic, as it breaks in fairly quick (comparable to Innova Pro) and will pair well with a fresh Lucid/Fuzion of the same mold. I'm not a fan of the baseline Prime plastic, as it molds up much flatter and therefore doesn't have nearly as much glide. Prime discs are weird in anything other than putters.
As someone who has mostly thrown trilogy products for the past 5 years, I just wanted to compliment you. I have read no better description of their plastics, and the performance you might expect from them.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 357 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpled View Post
As someone who has mostly thrown trilogy products for the past 5 years, I just wanted to compliment you. I have read no better description of their plastics, and the performance you might expect from them.
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. Really was just hoping the detailed description would be useful to the OP as he forays into Trilogy plastic.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 100 Times in 57 Posts

I like the Witness, it feels like a high speed distance driver in the hand but obviously flies like a fairway driver. Leopards have a similar flight but are domey and uncomfortable for me to hold so I prefer the Witness. Underworld is similar and I like that disc also.