Old 05-21-2019, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,398 Times in 1,494 Posts

Agree with SP. You aren't shifting your weight/center.

1. You should be looking at the disc, not over in the right backfield. Chin more over shoulder so the pendulum is straighter instead of coming around. Your backswing is not centered or shifted onto the rear leg, your center is stuck between your two feet and your feet are too staggered left/right. That is what causes you to bent/fold your posture around your rear leg in the backswing instead of turning back upright centered on it and able to look right at the disc. And is also what leads to 2 below. So if you start with your feet more inline/slightly closed, your center will be much closer inline to both feet and able to shift back and forth much more efficiently.

2. You are still jumping out of posture/early extension and going over top the front leg. Your elbow drops massively from the top of the backswing while your CoG has jumped up. Everything should be moving more smoothly together on plane. Need to maintain your elbow height/upper arm angle relative to the shoulder. That will create lag and space to allow the disc to come forward into your center/hug the disc, instead of dropping the elbow and hugging yourself. It will probably feel stupid trying to throw like this, but you will have to ignore your initial instinct: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133733

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwy1HNMfhbk#t=6m55s

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.48.12 PM.jpg (53.0 KB, 41 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 11:41 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys, honestly no idea why it's so hard for me to grasp some of these concepts after a few weeks of daily work. I suppose some just learn slower than others.

I played around with the Josh Anton sort of wide out reach back to watching the disc out behind me to my center and sort of loose sight of it extending out (not sure if the last bit is correct?) then catching it again in my right peripheral vision as the head gets pulled up and around.
I'm going to watch a tournament round he's in today get his form more in my head.

Consistency is better when I'm not going early, or standing up out of the shot. Standing up ends up being this floaty anyhyzer line out right, early seems to air bounce straight out.
One group was pretty solid landing 20 feet or so of each other in a circle definitely encouraging there.

Since its super hot and doesn't take much to get you worn out here right now, how does this strike you as a learning tool. Its right out back, the pillow is maybe just short of 2 feet corner to corner, has a little bit of weight to it. I have a solid wall so no windows were harmed although it will go through screen on the inside like right through. (Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon)

Basically aiming it at a point on the wall I've stenciled in with marker and doing the long/ tilted reach back. Really trying to get on my front side before I start any movement with the pillow/disc forward. Also trying to make more leverage around and get that back leg weightless and out behind me.

I will still get out to the field an hour a day or close to it each week but making sure I won't pick up any more bad habits working this way when I'm not just throwing shots.

I've read the ball on a string concept so possibly a sock with some soft foam ball in it tied off shorter could work as well, see if it tilts in towards my body coming through opposite of lagging behind in the backswing. Maybe seeing it go from wide to neutral give me a better clue of when to start the arm forward. Make any sense there?

I'd be concerned width of the pillow would make swing too wide then hitting myself ends up being too loose though the mallet I had was about 3 inches shorter than the corner to corner width of the pillow, figure there should be some give there as well.

Again appreciate your advice guys.