#11  
Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM
GirdleRoc's Avatar
GirdleRoc GirdleRoc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 282
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

It is Ibexxi for sure!!! It sounds way cooler.

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/flight-ratings.html

It is turn 7 and fade 5.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 PM
TrustYourRubber's Avatar
TrustYourRubber TrustYourRubber is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brainerd, MN
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 503
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
I have 2 Ibex. (Ibexes? Ibexxi?)

Both are mediums, 1 is 165, 1 is 171. The 165 reads Fade 7 Turn 5. The 171 reads Fade 5 Turn 7.

Anyone have any clue as to which it is, Fade 7 or 5; Turn 5 or 7?
It was recently changed to reflect new information. The Turn 5 is the newer one. At slower speeds, expect it to fade more, turn less. Perhaps one draw-back of the Vibram numbering system is that it's data-driven, so results may vary.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 AM
GirdleRoc's Avatar
GirdleRoc GirdleRoc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 282
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustYourRubber View Post
It was recently changed to reflect new information. The Turn 5 is the newer one. At slower speeds, expect it to fade more, turn less. Perhaps one draw-back of the Vibram numbering system is that it's data-driven, so results may vary.
Now that is interesting
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-30-2014, 03:00 AM
TrustYourRubber's Avatar
TrustYourRubber TrustYourRubber is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brainerd, MN
Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 503
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirdleRoc View Post
Now that is interesting
Innova's is arbitrary. Vibram's is scientific. The Daedalus has different flight ratings, depending on the plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM
GirdleRoc's Avatar
GirdleRoc GirdleRoc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 282
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Now I am curious....

Does vibram update their flight ratings on their discs if they change for a new run?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-30-2014, 08:36 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,294
Niced 1,200 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustYourRubber View Post
Innova's is arbitrary. Vibram's is scientific. The Daedalus has different flight ratings, depending on the plastic.
The Tern has different ratings by plastic. The Daedelus was retooled.

If you want to take that path, Discraft acknowledges that their discs fly different in different plastics too.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Ohio1 Ohio1 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have been tossing the Ibex and Lace the past few days and honestly they are so understable its tough to throw them- if I throw the Ibex more than about 250 it turns so hard right that it almost goes roller no matter how much hyzer I put on it- maybe if I super hyzer it out it will go 250 but its literally flipping super far right then barely coming back if I do that. I love the feel of these discs and I love Vibram as a company but I've honestly been disappointed in these discs- are these flukes? they are both 168 gm- the lace looks a little domey but the Ibex is flat- can they vary that much? I see people talking about how they can't anny these? I can't get it not to flip over.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 PM
money 21 money 21 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,031
Niced 139 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1 View Post
I have been tossing the Ibex and Lace the past few days and honestly they are so understable its tough to throw them- if I throw the Ibex more than about 250 it turns so hard right that it almost goes roller no matter how much hyzer I put on it- maybe if I super hyzer it out it will go 250 but its literally flipping super far right then barely coming back if I do that. I love the feel of these discs and I love Vibram as a company but I've honestly been disappointed in these discs- are these flukes? they are both 168 gm- the lace looks a little domey but the Ibex is flat- can they vary that much? I see people talking about how they can't anny these? I can't get it not to flip over.
Are they F or M.
either way i would say flukes my ibexxi fly dead straight when thrown flat at 250 power mine have no turn at all i don't see much turn until the 300' mark. if you want to trade that flippy one hit me up i have been looking for a flippy ibex then the 3 I have.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Ohio1 Ohio1 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The lace is firm the Ibex is medium- it could be a problem with my technique I just started throwing out to 400 or so I fixed a lot of things. I was throwing Katana's and a Mamba like 275- I swear the lace is more understable than even a beat in Mamba- is that possible? This has to be a fluke disc because no way people would like it if it were flippier than a beat up Mamba lol. Then again I'm throwing it 120 ft. farther and my Mamba went in a lake so I can't compare those anymore.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 05-31-2014, 05:20 PM
money 21 money 21 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,031
Niced 139 Times in 97 Posts
Default

my laces are comparable to katanas. an unlace is very faster mamba like. the ibex should follow what ever line you put it on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vibram Ibex and Solace kerplunk The Marketplace 3 01-14-2017 11:19 PM
Vibram Ibex vs Vibram Launch Video Chaser0909 Discs 14 12-28-2016 12:26 PM
Vibram Ibex Lewis The Marketplace 4 05-11-2012 01:48 PM
vibram ibex mazimi1 The Marketplace 0 01-10-2012 08:22 PM
One heavy VIBRAM IBEX bmast The Marketplace 8 10-05-2011 03:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.