Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default VIP AIR Tursas

Does anyone know when the VIP AIR Tursas will be available in the US?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

What? Why? Can't imagine the need for one of my favorite discs in Air. Like the Diamond, why? To get 5 year olds hooked?

High speed stuff in Air makes sense to me - my Air Bolt was a hoot until I lost it.

Lower speed stuff, I don't get it, this coming from a rubber arm
Old 07-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I was thinking the same thing...but why? I kind of thought I was silly for getting an air escape but it does help me out. But at a speed 9, that's about as low a speed you need in air plastic imo
Old 07-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

I am wagering that many of these were produced to give Trilogy pros competing in the Japan Open a decent selection of sub 160 gram discs. Finding anything Trilogy other than the Diamond-Ruby-Pearl in weights under 160 has been almost impossible till now.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
What? Why? Can't imagine the need for one of my favorite discs in Air. Like the Diamond, why? To get 5 year olds hooked?

High speed stuff in Air makes sense to me - my Air Bolt was a hoot until I lost it.

Lower speed stuff, I don't get it, this coming from a rubber arm
Basically because there is a demand. I never really got excited over light discs but I did buy one of the first blizzard boss discs that came out. It was one of the good ones. I traded it away and then every one I tried after that was the bad runs and they were all really flippy and rough with exposed bubbles.

When latitude started to run them Rusco explained to me their process and how it would not be the same with the exposed bubbles and QC would be much improved. So I tried some and it was true. I could see the appeal and I even use some now. The bolt, trespass, and escape. I even was skeptical with the air truth but they fly great and are much easier to throw for a slower arm speed once you learn how to make them work for you.

I play with a few women who use air diamonds and saints and love them. They get 30 feet or more over their heavy drivers and I know they are interested in lighter mids as well. So I can see the market and appeal for certain players. It's a growing sport and they're trying to grow their business with it. That means catering to more players so I can live with it.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

I could see that Steeze. I forget sometimes that Westside and Latitude are different companies, and why Lat64 having the Pearl doesn't help Westside at all.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I could see that Steeze. I forget sometimes that Westside and Latitude are different companies, and why Lat64 having the Pearl doesn't help Westside at all.

That and the pearl and ruby while being light also have the small rims and are pretty understable. With the air plastic options in other molds you can retain the dimensions of the mold for regular sized hands and keep a lot of that stability but you add the glide and distance of the light weight. I personally wouldn't have a need for air discs in the really understable molds like the underworld and tursas but I do know some masters and ladies that would enjoy them.

The only thing that kind of stinks about it is while you're doing runs of air tursas and underworlds for that bunch of disc golfers you have other groups waiting on runs of other stuff we deem more important. I.E VIP harps and DD's next mold of an OS fairway. Give and take I suppose. Gotta be patient. I do like that the people running Lat, DD, and Westside listen to customers and give them what they ask for. Westside is bringing back the Swan 1 mold, DD is making the next release an OS fairway, and Lat64 is running a lot of their stuff based on customer requests and demands.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Years Playing: 24.1
Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks SteezeOG.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.1
Niced 184 Times in 104 Posts

If you can get over the weight issue methinks this would be an awesome, glidey, out of the box understable mid for any size arm. I bet some good players could do amazing things with a lightweight Tursas in calm conditions or In a tailwind

Old 07-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
If you can get over the weight issue methinks this would be an awesome, glidey, out of the box understable mid for any size arm. I bet some good players could do amazing things with a lightweight Tursas in calm conditions or In a tailwind
I haven't checked any out but it will probably depend on the dome. The truth is already pretty flat and the air truth came out way flat almost concave but it's pretty stable considering. Now if the air tursas comes out flat or semi concave I think it will fly really bad and nothing like the others. If it comes out with that same little dome it could really be awesome.