#21  
Old 02-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Snaques Snaques is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Finland
Courses Played: 38
Posts: 617
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
I dunno. With as much overlap as Trilogy has with this type of 'stable' midrange (Claymore, Evidence, Compass) they should really just scrap the 'old' Truth mold and have the Truth be the Truth.
While I see your point and agree that old Truth and Evidence are really close, I still see a logic in their setup.

First of all, I think there are two distinctive stability brackets for these (when new).
1. Straight - EMAC Truth, Compass, Mace
2. Hyzer flip straight - Truth, Evidence, Claymore

Also, there are two distinctive speed brackets.
1. Borderline tweener - Truths, Evidence
2. Traditional mid - Compass, Mace, Claymore

On top of that you have your mix of beaded / -less molds and you get a pretty nice lineup to choose from.

EDIT: Also, I would much rather drop Evidence than the old Truth if I had to choose.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Snaques; 02-26-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Disc of Cheese's Avatar
Disc of Cheese Disc of Cheese is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 409
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am kind've feeling impatient for the new mold. Now that it is warming up I'm having to put more hyzer on my lucid. I've wanted a slightly more OS one since I first threw it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:37 AM
cc0049's Avatar
cc0049 cc0049 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,242
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
How do I know what Truth I have now?

I have a Lucid that I've had for maybe 1.5-2 years. Love it. Want a backup. No idea if the retooled EMAC or stock one is what I need though now...
If it has "Made in Sweden" etched on the bottom it is the less stable version of the Truth. If it doesn't, it is the more stable version, with the original flight characteristics.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 AM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,918
Niced 732 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0049 View Post
If it has "Made in Sweden" etched on the bottom it is the less stable version of the Truth. If it doesn't, it is the more stable version, with the original flight characteristics.
That is food to know.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,061
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0049 View Post
If it has "Made in Sweden" etched on the bottom it is the less stable version of the Truth. If it doesn't, it is the more stable version, with the original flight characteristics.
But wouldn't original truths have the tooling...?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,379
Niced 3,047 Times in 1,273 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
But wouldn't original truths have the tooling...?
Not first runs.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Disc of Cheese's Avatar
Disc of Cheese Disc of Cheese is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 409
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wouldn't the mold have lost it's inherent stability slowly through use? IE: run to run of truths the stability slowly becoming less and less? This is how I assume the mold would break in. Unless there was a re-tool, I find it hard to believe that the moldings just drastically changed after the first run.

Next question would be how long before they start making 'truths' with the new mold and have to order a new 'Emac truth'mold?

Unless, like I said, it was due to a retool.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-27-2016, 02:35 AM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,815
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts
Default

So the eMac truths will be more stable? (More OS, than current runs)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-27-2016, 02:42 AM
BirdieMachine's Avatar
BirdieMachine BirdieMachine is offline
Michael Moore Fan Club President
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Under Par
Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,701
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
So the eMac truths will be more stable? (More OS, than current runs)
It sounds like it, they even sent it in for Approval so it's technically a different mold.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 03-28-2016, 08:06 AM
dusty5150's Avatar
dusty5150 dusty5150 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada, Eh.
Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,036
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
So the eMac truths will be more stable? (More OS, than current runs)
Yes. They're the same now as the "pre-sweden" ones. I got a few rounds in this weekend and the hybrid eTruth I was throwing was just a touch more OS than the seasoned Bio pre-sweden I normally throw. The Lucid was a touch more OS than that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Fade than an EMAC Truth? TripleB Discs 71 10-16-2018 08:16 PM
DD enforcer, truth, eMac truth, convict, escape, felon Ricksastar The Marketplace 9 01-26-2018 09:22 PM
EMAC Truth Replacement will1442 Discs 28 01-03-2018 11:29 AM
Buzzz OS vs Emac Truth Spike Hyzer Discs 7 10-14-2016 08:43 PM
Compass vs. EMac Truth PMantle Discs 6 06-06-2016 06:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.