Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 916 Times in 509 Posts

Haven't tried the A2 yet, but the Zone is my favorite disc in terms of hand feel in any category. Harps are deeper, and have a bead and beads don't feel good. They dig into your hand. I don't care what you Roc/Wasp throwers say. You're deluding yourselves. People might like them for a reference point for their grip, but a smooth straight wing with a rounded rim that doesn't dig into your hand feels better.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 543 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Haven't tried the A2 yet, but the Zone is my favorite disc in terms of hand feel in any category. Harps are deeper, and have a bead and beads don't feel good. They dig into your hand. I don't care what you Roc/Wasp throwers say. You're deluding yourselves. People might like them for a reference point for their grip, but a smooth straight wing with a rounded rim that doesn't dig into your hand feels better.
I agree with all of these statements as far as they concern forehand because of where the bead sits on top of your index finger against the bone and it has much more of your finger to travel over. But for backhand, it should not cause as much discomfort since it sits in the bend of a knuckle and has only padding of your finger to pass over. That still may be more than you would personally be ok with (as seems to be the case with F. Howl here). I personally like beaded putters and mids for backhand, but cannot abide them for forehand (especially anything more than about a 25% approach shot where you grip down on the disc harder).
Old 07-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,852 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I agree with all of these statements as far as they concern forehand because of where the bead sits on top of your index finger against the bone and it has much more of your finger to travel over. But for backhand, it should not cause as much discomfort since it sits in the bend of a knuckle and has only padding of your finger to pass over. That still may be more than you would personally be ok with (as seems to be the case with F. Howl here). I personally like beaded putters and mids for backhand, but cannot abide them for forehand (especially anything more than about a 25% approach shot where you grip down on the disc harder).
I'm not much of a forehand thrower, which may be a blessing in disguise, as when I've tried to forehand the Harp I've done okay with it, and I don't know it well enough to realize the hindrance of the bead. Having said that, when I need to throw a forehand approach I use the Pink Panther, and so I throw the Harp backhand...
Old 07-07-2017, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 143
Niced 1,109 Times in 553 Posts

Ricky FHs Harps fairly well.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 83 Times in 39 Posts

And big Jerm FHs a star roc really well, doesn't mean it's best for most people.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-08-2017, 02:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity View Post
And big Jerm FHs a star roc really well, doesn't mean it's best for most people.
Are those the ones they sell at Walmart?
Old 07-08-2017, 05:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 84
Niced 1,301 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
You could put a dinner plate into Big Jerms hands and he'd still manage to score a 1000 rated round.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 74
Niced 126 Times in 95 Posts

A2 is by far the easiest of the group to forehand. Its more overstable and fades harder, but is also the lowest profile. The 300 a2s are really nice if you dont mind throwing really lumpy plastic after a month or two. They look really ugly but fly really well
Old 07-08-2017, 10:49 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 481
Niced 720 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Ricky FHs Harps fairly well.
Quote:
HA!! Suck it, commies.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 83 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
A2 is by far the easiest of the group to forehand. Its more overstable and fades harder, but is also the lowest profile. The 300 a2s are really nice if you dont mind throwing really lumpy plastic after a month or two. They look really ugly but fly really well
This is the truth about the 300 a2s. My play it again got one some prodigy in and had one A2 only in 300 plastic. It's flat and furnish. Got to throw it in a field. It turns all the torque of my middling forehand into forward carry into a spike fade. Don't look forward to it getting lumpy, though. Has anyone found flat premium plastic A2s?