Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 19 Times in 19 Posts

This is easy. Throw Prodiscus JOKERi. Premium and Ultrium are more stable than basic ones. Do what Sarah Hokom does and flick the JOKERi and make the Finland great again.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 911 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
A2 is by far the easiest of the group to forehand. Its more overstable and fades harder, but is also the lowest profile. The 300 a2s are really nice if you dont mind throwing really lumpy plastic after a month or two. They look really ugly but fly really well
It's a sharper rim configuration, but same height and rim depth of the Zone.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 74
Niced 125 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyfreetilinfinity View Post
This is the truth about the 300 a2s. My play it again got one some prodigy in and had one A2 only in 300 plastic. It's flat and furnish. Got to throw it in a field. It turns all the torque of my middling forehand into forward carry into a spike fade. Don't look forward to it getting lumpy, though. Has anyone found flat premium plastic A2s?
I have only thrown flat 400 A2s.. Learn the oven trick and makes ones if you cant find them.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 500 Times in 369 Posts

All the questions seem to have been answered already but....

Speed: (fast) A2 , Zone , Harp (slower)

Overstability: (most OS) A2, Zone, Harp (not as OS)

Comfort: (this is personal) A2 is thinner, makes more dramatic cuts, for me personally I feel the Harp is easiest to predict/control - the A2 sometimes cuts and shoots more/harder than I'd want, and sometimes it sticks, so its less predictable FOR ME, its still a good disc but for the short range OS spot, I chose a Harp because I like the baseline plastic best and also the premium is nice, and the Harp is VERY available

I have 4 A2's all are about the same, I have several Harps many plastics VIP is most OS, then TP, then BT - hard,medium,soft are all similar but the Harps wear in nice and tend to lose LSS a lil quicker, but still great

idk, short answer is A2 is faster and more OS, Zone is a bit more aggressive, Harp has a mini bead
Old 02-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,819 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
All the questions seem to have been answered already but....

Speed: (fast) A2 , Zone , Harp (slower)

Overstability: (most OS) A2, Zone, Harp (not as OS)

Comfort: (this is personal) A2 is thinner, makes more dramatic cuts, for me personally I feel the Harp is easiest to predict/control - the A2 sometimes cuts and shoots more/harder than I'd want, and sometimes it sticks, so its less predictable FOR ME, its still a good disc but for the short range OS spot, I chose a Harp because I like the baseline plastic best and also the premium is nice, and the Harp is VERY available

I have 4 A2's all are about the same, I have several Harps many plastics VIP is most OS, then TP, then BT - hard,medium,soft are all similar but the Harps wear in nice and tend to lose LSS a lil quicker, but still great

idk, short answer is A2 is faster and more OS, Zone is a bit more aggressive, Harp has a mini bead
And then there's the AviarX3 to add to this mix... beadless, a bit more glidey than the Harp, smoother fade than the Zone. I haven't tried an A2, but from what I'm reading, the AvX3 is probably less OS...

Niced: (1)
Old 03-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 20
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Most approach shots I do with a putter. I throw PA2 for OS putter and PA4 (prodigy) for most short, approach, and putts. I just lost my 400s PA2, which was my more OS tee putter type disc. (when I say lost, read: I forgot to pick it up and it's gone).

I have about 5 Zones in ESP, DX, and Flex plastics at various states of beat. The zones are not much different than my PA2; I don't bag them so as not to confuse my hands. I do like the Zones fine, and used them for years as putter/approach, but would rather have a little less depth inside the rim for tee and power shots. I just don't like gripping/ripping the tall putter rims.

I'm considering getting an approach disc like the prodigy A2 for tee/utility/approach and maybe even putting.
talk me into it? out of it?
Old 03-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayhorse View Post
Most approach shots I do with a putter. I throw PA2 for OS putter and PA4 (prodigy) for most short, approach, and putts. I just lost my 400s PA2, which was my more OS tee putter type disc. (when I say lost, read: I forgot to pick it up and it's gone).

I have about 5 Zones in ESP, DX, and Flex plastics at various states of beat. The zones are not much different than my PA2; I don't bag them so as not to confuse my hands. I do like the Zones fine, and used them for years as putter/approach, but would rather have a little less depth inside the rim for tee and power shots. I just don't like gripping/ripping the tall putter rims.

I'm considering getting an approach disc like the prodigy A2 for tee/utility/approach and maybe even putting.
It must come down to individual perception, because the Zone is by no means a tall rimmed putter.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,819 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayhorse View Post
When high winds are beating your face on an approach or a 25 ft. putt, you will be very glad you have that A2. Today there were high winds on my course, and I was putting with my AviarX3, and it saved me at least three strokes in the 9 holes I played.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 20
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

well, you talked me into it... ordered an A2 to try out. But that's the last disc I'm buying until summer! Maybe I can hold out until Fall! famous last words...

Old 03-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 84 Times in 70 Posts

Ledgestone Zone for days...$$$$$ all day