Old 07-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 604 Times in 343 Posts

I didn't enjoy throwing any of them too much to be honest. Another vote for Pro Wraith...ever thrown a Legacy Nemesis? Speed 10 but goes far.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-23-2018, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 73 Times in 49 Posts

A good Archon needs a little dome, stars usually fly to the numbers. Probably not worth messing with.
Another vote for pro Wraith

Last edited by thechamp; 07-23-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 48
Niced 723 Times in 504 Posts

My first real distance came from Champ Archons. If the Tern never happened, I bet I would still be throwing them. Astras are the same mold.

Aries are a bit odd. Like a stabilized Mamba, but they seem to have a more blunt leading edge. I still carry one from time to time because I have no forehand, and I can throw mine on a long turning arc with no come back.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 722 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Give a Thrasher a try. Been bagging one for max D but it can get squirrelly in anything more than a light headwind. Same rim width as the Wraith.
Thrasher wasn't for me. It did help intorduce me to hi speed drivers though. Great disc but not exactly what I want.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

A lot of Pro Wraiths in here LOL. I am looking for something that's more of a shot shaper though. I am seasoning star and Gstar Wraiths constantly. Shryke made it onto the list. I think Archon is out. The other two are obscure but I like Millenium. Maybe just stick with what they do best (OLF) I'm not entirely sure if Wraith only will give me what I want but at the same time I don't wanna start bagging a boat load of molds either maybe once I get a Wraith beat to death it'll fit the bill. And maybe I'll just have to stick with the Tern. Or this dumb origio king I found, that thing flips like a politician.+
Old 07-24-2018, 03:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 88
Niced 854 Times in 441 Posts

A shot shaping disc and something flippy are really quite different.

For example: The OLF is good for shot shaping, though all but the most beat up millenium plastic OLFs are decently stable still.

A champ sidewinder might be what you're looking for. I think slightly slower discs are easier to work on more lines. A champ sidewinder will be slow enough but have that extra tick of stability so you can do some super cool lines with it.

If you're really wanting something flippy, then a 170ish icon mongoose or star roadrunner might fit the bill. The aries is actually a really good roller disc, but I was underwhelmed with it's flight. I think the nose spacer makes it too blunt, and slows down and stops flying too abruptly.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,815 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post

For example: The OLF is good for shot shaping, though all but the most beat up millenium plastic OLFs are decently stable still.

A champ sidewinder might be what you're looking for. I think slightly slower discs are easier to work on more lines. A champ sidewinder will be slow enough but have that extra tick of stability so you can do some super cool lines with it.

If you're really wanting something flippy, then a 170ish icon mongoose or star roadrunner might fit the bill. The aries is actually a really good roller disc, but I was underwhelmed with it's flight. I think the nose spacer makes it too blunt, and slows down and stops flying too abruptly.
Champion Sidewinders are good, as are Falchions. But also consider the Infinite Discs Sphinx. Awesome disc.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post

Okay poor wording. A flippy disc to shape those kinds of shots with is what I am looking for.