Old 11-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Par Member

Niced 58 Times in 29 Posts
Default Witness

Just ordered a Witness for some long turnover/anhyzer shots. Would love to get some feedback from anyone currently bagging one, or experience throwing a Witness.

It will also be my first experience with a Dynamic Disc. How does their plastic compare to other companies?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2018, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 627 Times in 493 Posts
Default Witness

Witness is pretty flippy. Once it starts going right it generally will keep going and not really come back.

Its a bit of a slow driver. Probably about speed 7. Good glide. The Witness is a disc that needs to be thrown with finesse. If you try to manhandle it the disc will turn and burn easily. The Witness seems to do OK on hyzerflips. I'm not sure I'd use it as a pure anny disc though. It goes right and doesn't have any late fade.

Dynamic's plastic seems to wear faster than other premium plastic. However, the Witness already starts out very understable.

I figure the Witness is good for shots up to about 350'. Anything longer than that you'll probably want something faster and a hair beefier.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Niced 50 Times in 15 Posts

I purchased a Witness and a Maverick last month. My Witness is far more overstable than I had hoped 8/4/-1/3, but the Maverick flies to its 7/5/-2/1 flight ratings. I hope that your Witness is perfect for you, but if someone were asking I would suggest stepping up to the Escape for teeshots or down to the Maverick from the fairway. Trilogy plastics were exceptional a few years back imho, but I think other manufacturers have improved their products so the subtle differences are irrelevant. For those of you who feel Trilogy plastics break in to quickly, buy a disc made of Elasto/Fluid/Frostline; they will be a more overstable disc to begin with and they wear like iron.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 347 Times in 210 Posts

I've never thrown a Witness, so I have no comment for you there.

Regarding Trilogy plastics, both Fuzion and Lucid feel more gummy to me than Innova Star plastic, and much more gummy than Champion plastic. Honestly Fuzion and Lucid feel very similar to each other in the hand, although obviously they look very different. I've found Lucid holds its stability longer, but will sometimes lose a signficant amount of stability on one bad tree hit. It seems to lose its stability in chunks rather than gradually, which to me is the biggest knock on the plastic. Fuzion will break in a little quicker than Lucid, but it does so much more gradually. Or put another way, Fuzion stability decreases in a linear pattern whereas Lucid seems to lose its stability in a series of steps. Biofuzion Plastic is an excellent and underrated plastic, as it breaks in fairly quick (comparable to Innova Pro) and will pair well with a fresh Lucid/Fuzion of the same mold. I'm not a fan of the baseline Prime plastic, as it molds up much flatter and therefore doesn't have nearly as much glide. Prime discs are weird in anything other than putters.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 647 Times in 320 Posts

I'm one of the few people I know who have thrown a Witness. My dubs partner got a Prime one in a player's pack this year. It's definitely flippy. Kinda like a broken-in River, but with less glide.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
I'm one of the few people I know who have thrown a Witness. My dubs partner got a Prime one in a player's pack this year. It's definitely flippy. Kinda like a broken-in River, but with less glide.
Yeah, I tried to bag a Witness briefly for understable/hyzer flip shots. Unfortunately the disc was just too flippy. I would throw it hyzer and it would still find a way to dive bomb flip. For pure anhyzer work I'd look for a disc that's slightly faster and more stable.

If you want a really nice, but faster DD anny disc I'd look at the Captain. It has enough stability to not dive bomb right on every shot.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,816 Times in 1,366 Posts

I have not tried a Witness (yet). As to Trilogy plastics, Gold Line feels great, but isn't nearly as durable/long lasting as Star. Opto is gummier than Champion, and again nowhere near as durable.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 435 Times in 284 Posts

I have a Witness, used it as a stand in for a beat D-FD. It's a niche mold to be sure; there's not a lot else out there you can find that will really flip under lower power like the Witness. I prefer the Underworld for a similar slot. It's a little more elegant I guess you could say, with the Hatchet top it's less blunted than the Witness. Probably better glide too?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 58 Times in 29 Posts

Alright so I got my Witness today, along with a plethora of other discs. It definitely flies it's numbers! It worked great for holding a long turnover line, and had enough of a slight fade at the end to avoid rolling. It will be perfect for anny lines between 250-325 feet.
I also dig the feel of the plastic. Definitely was gummier than I expected, which was a nice surprise. It seems like a slightly smaller disc than many other molds in my bag. Thin top on it was quite flexible, with a stiffer rim.

I dig it so far, I just hope that it won't beat in too fast and becomes a flip monster.

Niced: (1)

Old 11-20-2018, 01:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Alright so I got my Witness today, along with a plethora of other discs. It definitely flies it's numbers! It worked great for holding a long turnover line, and had enough of a slight fade at the end to avoid rolling. It will be perfect for anny lines between 250-325 feet.
I also dig the feel of the plastic. Definitely was gummier than I expected, which was a nice surprise. It seems like a slightly smaller disc than many other molds in my bag. Thin top on it was quite flexible, with a stiffer rim.

I dig it so far, I just hope that it won't beat in too fast and becomes a flip monster.
Looks like you're using the Witness for the proper distance it can handle. You start creeping above 350' and it'll flip bad. For me it almost felt like a longer Panther.