Old 02-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
The Infinite site lists the Emperor now, as a "coming soon" disc, numbers 12, 5, -1, 3... which are the Deatroyer's numbers, take 'em for what you will. Not much other info yet, though...
Well if it is a Destroyer like disc but with better wing to me then some of the Ricky model, I would like the disc. Also hope they make the Champion blended disc too. The newer Champion Destroyers leave a bit to be desired in some of the newest discs, but not all as some just have the bubbles in the rim even bigger ones near the thickest part of rim and not like the Blizzard Champion with the bubbles all over even outside the rim on discs not on all in a mold but with every mold. I just feel that Innova is selling off old Champion discs in the warehouse as runs of the Star Ricky molds were made in really large numbers to stop making the least bought Destroyer plastic I would guess.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
We were just talking about a Destroyer-L in the Destroyer thread. It'd be interesting (in a good way) if that was manifested in the Emperor....
And discontinued in the Destroyer. It would be sad to see things the other way around the way I am afraid it might happen just to please Ricky.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,816 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Scorpius, Cloudbreaker, Emperor- all just Destroyers with a different name?
The Emperor may be a Destroyer-L, as an experiment (which IMHO Innova and Infinite are doing in the Infinite line of discs). The Sphinx worked out very well (allegedly Valk top and Roadrunner bottom), so we'll see if the Emperor will, as well.

So yes, to paraphrase Shakespeare: "a Destroyer by any other name..."
Old 02-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 869 Times in 596 Posts

It looks interesting from what the numbers look like. Hopefully I’ll get a tester as a team member and can report back.

I’ve like all three of the Infinite Discs I’ve tried so far. If I wasn’t already deeply invested in Bards I’d be putting the Ra ITB. It’s a very impressive mid. The Slab though... I love it. Super blunt, flies like a faster FAF Firebird. It’s a really good situational disc.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:20 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
It looks interesting from what the numbers look like. Hopefully I’ll get a tester as a team member and can report back.

I’ve like all three of the Infinite Discs I’ve tried so far. If I wasn’t already deeply invested in Bards I’d be putting the Ra ITB. It’s a very impressive mid. The Slab though... I love it. Super blunt, flies like a faster FAF Firebird. It’s a really good situational disc.
My wrist starts twisting just thinking about the Slab. I'm sure it's a great disc, but I just don't need that kind of beef in my bag.

Hey! You're Team Infinite Discs... even if you don't get a tester, get us some 'scoop' on what the Emperor is going to be!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-01-2019, 12:52 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
My wrist starts twisting just thinking about the Slab. I'm sure it's a great disc, but I just don't need that kind of beef in my bag.

Hey! You're Team Infinite Discs... even if you don't get a tester, get us some 'scoop' on what the Emperor is going to be!
Team Infinite member here: tester runs are shipping out soon and rumored to be splatter star
Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 128 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
And discontinued in the Destroyer. It would be sad to see things the other way around the way I am afraid it might happen just to please Ricky.
Ricky came from Enforcers, which are much closer in stability to a beefy destroyer than a flippy one... I don't think they are making flippy destroyers at his request...
Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyzer_berg View Post
Team Infinite member here: tester runs are shipping out soon and rumored to be splatter star
I hope they'll come out with some I-blend Emperors, also.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
Ricky came from Enforcers, which are much closer in stability to a beefy destroyer than a flippy one... I don't think they are making flippy destroyers at his request...
True, but Wysocki might have asked them to make his sig Destroyers a bit less stable than the beefy McBeth runs. Not necessarily 'flippy', just less beefy.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 16
Niced 128 Times in 69 Posts

To be honest with you, I tend to think Innova just cranks out Destroyers without much of a care whether they come out beefy, flippy, or in between. They know there are enough of them out there that players can find what they want so they just mold it, stamp it, ship it.

It's just the luck of the draw from run to run what we get.

Obviously nobody can say for sure. This is just what I tend to believe given the variance seen in basically every single era of destroyer.

Niced: (3)