Old 05-21-2019, 02:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 604 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Yea that plastic isn't very good. It gouges pretty easily and seasons fairly quick. You can find champion discs that will do what you need that will hold up longer. What makes the epic worth the money is if you got a big arm and can get it to do the barrel roll and flatten out. Those things can go a long way like that.
I have heard of this mythical shot but never actually seen it done.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-21-2019, 03:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,666 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I have heard of this mythical shot but never actually seen it done.
Its pretty crazy. There is a local guy who used to be a pitcher than throws it sometimes. He throws a lot of thumbers and tomahawks with other discs and can throw 400+ FH and BH so he doesn't do the epic shot much really but I have seen him throw a crazy roll into an anhy at hole1 at Mt Airy a couple times with the Epic. It an uphill anhy teeshot that once you crest the hill it slopes back down a bit and straightens into a somewhat tight tunnel to the long baskets. The "short" basket is set at a weird angle from the tee shorter and tucked in to the right at around 460ft. Its pretty much a luck shot for a normal turnover at that angle because of how high you have to throw it to clear the hill and a small tree right in the middle but the angle that roll comes out at just fits the line perfect. Its something to see for sure...

There was also a rec player the first couple years I played tournaments that could do it but not as far and his flew more or less straight.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 05-21-2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 563 Times in 304 Posts

Threw the epic once, like 8 years ago. Almost drilled a jogger dead on (who was way out of the "normal" danger zone). Promised never to throw it again, and kept that promise. Thats what I think about that.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah I got one in my basement.. The biggest OH guys here have tried it and noone likes it..
Old 05-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 435 Times in 284 Posts

Quite possibly the worst-feeling plastic I've ever touched. Could not get the thing to fly at all.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,376 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Yeah I got one in my basement.. The biggest OH guys here have tried it and noone likes it..
Have they tried multiple shots and tuning it to get it dialed for them? I've never thrown one, only throw OH's out of necessity and within 270'ish with normal discs...haven't tried to push it farther because I just don't want to risk that shot on body. So it's not for me.

But I did play a round with a guy who has a HUGE OH shot and threw an Epic for some open hole crusher shots. He got it to do the mythical barrel roll and glide...ended up hitting an incline about 5-8' above the flat/teepad level 430'ish away. I bet it had 450' on it if the ground stayed flat, it was pretty incredible to actually see that shot in person. He apparently can throw them that far quite consistently too.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

None of you have ever seen Kyle Pinkman throw an Epic, that is the best grenade shot I had seen but he stopped using the disc when it started warping every time the mold hit hard ground or a root/rock on ground.

The Arrow I have seen used as the mega windy day putter by a cousin who also used the no glide Arrow for his upshot short approach/all putts. The mold is well made for an aggressive putter that does either a spin putt/spin push or a hard push putt, as they can do the regular putt with the mold.

I have never used the #2&#3 Sharpshoot discs that Aerobie made at one point, not sure if the company still makes those but can find them On Amazon. I did feel the odd #3 in a store and how the mold has these step down parts near the top just before the wing part. #3 is another putter but in reality is more like a putter midrange hybrid.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
None of you have ever seen Kyle Pinkman throw an Epic, that is the best grenade shot I had seen but he stopped using the disc when it started warping every time the mold hit hard ground or a root/rock on ground.

The Arrow I have seen used as the mega windy day putter by a cousin who also used the no glide Arrow for his upshot short approach/all putts. The mold is well made for an aggressive putter that does either a spin putt/spin push or a hard push putt, as they can do the regular putt with the mold.

I have never used the #2 Sharpshoot discs that Aerobie made at one point, not sure if the company still makes those but can find them On Amazon. I did feel the odd #3 in a store and how the mold has these step down parts near the top just before the wing part. #3 is another putter but in reality is more like a putter midrange hybrid.
It's cool when people can do it.. Noone here has a big enough arm no matter what they think... and Hey nice punctuation! Very readable.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Niced 695 Times in 314 Posts

not the best quality but you can see it:

this one is better

Last edited by Marmoset; 05-21-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 606 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
It's cool when people can do it.. Noone here has a big enough arm no matter what they think... and Hey nice punctuation! Very readable.
Thanks.

That cousin learned how to putt from his dad/my uncle and the uncle is one of the most aggressive putters I have seen besides a few pro players in Tournament Footage. The Uncle however does not use an Arrow but rather in the wind facing putt he will putt with his Pro D Focus upside down. I saw the Uncle use that technique once on a more open shot with lake Erie to the side when we played together a few years ago at Shipwreck Cove in Erie State park, his local course. The wind had picked up due to how the final hole was made, with the open right side facing Lake Erie.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-21-2019 at 10:16 PM.