Old 03-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

My Air Bolt is 152g. So flippy it's ridiculous. I can put it nearly vertical and it will hyzer flip with a slight turn. That said, it bombs when that happens.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I always seem to have the exact opposite results on the air discs as everyone else. I got a air saint that was domey and so flippy I couldn't throw it with any amount of hyzer to make it work. Same with the air renegade. Domey and really flippy. Air trespass and air bolt, super flat and just as stable as max weight opto and lucids. On the bolt maybe even more stability. I haven't beat it up much but I can hyzer flip it to straight and it barely turns. For comparison, every GL Bolt I've had is flippy and flies like most bolts do. Air King was domey and it's flippy. I can get it to be stable in tailwinds but it flips pretty easily. I love the air trespass first runs. Beyond that those light weight discs just don't give me the consistency from throw to throw. It's not worth the extra distance. I'll still try an air truth and escape.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 506
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been experimenting with various air / blizzard discs since they have come out in the market.

I currently use a 159g air bolt as my tailwind / understable driver. But it is a little touchy on a turning flight - too much power and it'll roll over and crash. But with the correct amount of power and hyzer angle it'll hold it's line better than any other air disc I have (150g Blizzard Dominator, 154g Air King, 150g Blizzard DD-2).

When on travel with my small bag I'll sometimes use it as a straight fairway for tunnels - you can get that nice lazer straight throw when you want to.

It is fun to throw on an open hole - if you get the power and angles right - it'll glide forever.

I bought a DD Air Renegade, but with 24 inches of snow on the ground I haven't been able to throw that yet.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 233 Times in 152 Posts

Well, mine apparently didn't like the treatment it got yesterday. First throw today it landed in the mooshy snow to the left of the basket. Looked for a good while before giving up. Too bad.