Old 12-26-2018, 03:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 606 Times in 444 Posts

So I decided to give the Electron Envy a try (ive had it for a while just never really used it other than 2 rounds)

I took out my electron Atom because, well...overlap - basically its like an electron Atom, just different feel. Fresh its a lot like an atom, but once it gets some work man that E Envy becomes like a Proxy....which isn't a bad thing, haha I actually like it now. I used it for straight approaches and slight turnovers and long putts, I feel the E atom and E envy are almost interchangeable - E Envy is almost like a baseline proxy - the fade is really only apparent when it is new and is thrown with some touch. At High speed the E Envy goes straight with slight turn and minimal fade.

I like it - its almost like a baseline proxy - idk - its fun
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ThomasOrion; 12-26-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic_Sinks View Post
Interesting prediction! I haven’t thrown one of those yet. I’ve been looking at a couple discs for a Pipeline or Leopard like flight. I’m curious about the Switch, but also have heard good things about the Drift. Currently I’m just throwing a Clash for that shot.
Crave is the most laser straight FW they make IMO. More stable than a leopard, but will fly similar lines.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:11 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 27
Niced 118 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
When you say the Plasma Photon is more workable than in Neutron plastic, do you mean more turn? Sounds intriguing. Because I'm always looking for that disc between Neutron Photon & Wave. Was gonna try a Fission Photon but they gone.
In plasma has a touch more glide and out of the box it is not as high speed stable as my neutron. For me it was reliable over-stable out of the box but quickly developed some turn that i could hyzer flip, holds flex lines longer, farther flying disc too because the extra glide.

In general it seems like plasma has a quicker break in

The plasma photon i have is around 170g and its red or orange, hard to tell because of the pearly effect
Old 12-27-2018, 10:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Getting back into playing after a new kid-related hiatus...

Are Fission Photons totally OOP? Forgive if this is answered earlier, but I'm like over a year behind here...
Old 12-27-2018, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,809 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post

Are Fission Photons totally OOP? Forgive if this is answered earlier, but I'm like over a year behind here...
Yay Toro's back!

Niced: (1)
Old 12-27-2018, 10:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,188 Times in 2,696 Posts

Quote:

I think the only thing that's been said from MVP about them, is that they've been having problems with how the fizz is molding up. I don't think its been OOP'd… At least I hope not...
Old 12-27-2018, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I think the only thing that's been said from MVP about them, is that they've been having problems with how the fizz is molding up. I don't think its been OOP'd… At least I hope not...
I mean for real.

I just did a quick sweep of the usual suspect online retailers, and there are none out there, and that might make me have to go on hiatus again, lol. Somehow I'm down to 1 of them in my inventory.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,086 Times in 737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Crave is the most laser straight FW they make IMO. More stable than a leopard, but will fly similar lines.
Yes the Crave seems pretty awesome and feels like it's a good Disc to cycle.. The one I've got is decent... I guess maybe not his main fairway but I could see swapping that Inspire for a Switch... I can't believe everyone hates them that much haha.... I might shelve it if they made a proton Relay.. My Relay developed a goofy and minor midflight turn that doesn't thread the trees like it used to... the Switch is more reliable for me.

Mydisc.ca has some fission Photons just from a quick google.. I know another Canadian place but it's secret I'm not posting it here haha but if you pm me they've got three left one in the 160's and one in 155 and a couple in the 140's. Same as MyDisc.ca stock hmmm I wonder if it's the same guys..

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 12-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:39 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,300 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
I mean for real.

I just did a quick sweep of the usual suspect online retailers, and there are none out there, and that might make me have to go on hiatus again, lol. Somehow I'm down to 1 of them in my inventory.
I've always scoffed at those who are looking for a magical disc, or stocking up on OOP stuff. But I'll tell you what, the 130's Fission Photon that I lost was a thing of beauty. Nothing I've thrown has been the same. I'd love for them to make more of those, but I may have let a unicorn go.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I've always scoffed at those who are looking for a magical disc, or stocking up on OOP stuff. But I'll tell you what, the 130's Fission Photon that I lost was a thing of beauty. Nothing I've thrown has been the same. I'd love for them to make more of those, but I may have let a unicorn go.
For me it's the ones @ 160+, but otherwise same deal.
Closed Thread