Old 04-09-2020, 03:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 573 Times in 280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The risk factor? I believe that all nurses, in my position are going to get sick.
So you have to determine your odds of recovery. Where are you setting (and what do you recommend as) a method of determining where a nurse should set their go/no go point? And where do you go to for a trusted data source?
Sponsored Links

Last edited by teemkey; 04-09-2020 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
So you have to determine your odds of recovery. Where are you setting (and what do you recommend as) a method of determining where a nurse should set their go/no go point? And where do you go to for a trusted data source?
While the risk factor may be high, someone has to take care of these patients. I fully understand every single nurses or healthcare professionals concern and I would not chastise someone for refusing to work with Covid patients. It is really hard to get good trusted data information regarding covid right now because everything is relatively new, however there are several Facebook groups of nurses that are taking care of Covid patients and I am using a lot of that info with what they are seeing and experiencing. If anyone here is a nurse and wants an invite to the Facebook groups, I would be happy to invite you, just PM me and prove you are a nurse please!

Niced: (2)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:38 AM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
I am working with six patients on dayshift. Not horrible, but they are pretty sick and the entire process of donning PPE and doffing a dozen or better times and the overwhelming heat problem, of wearing the gear are big issues.

My facility, currently will let you wear your own respirator while in the "clean" areas of the hospital. But, when engaged in patient care in the "dirty areas", we are required to use the hospital supplied N95 masks. Nurses are wearing them in patient care area anyway. Don't know if that will continue or not. The PPE supply is holding up, but still rationed.

You can make some pretty serious cash. I think they are now hiring down at Cobo arena (TCF Center), a converted overflow hospital. I have heard some numbers thrown around, but it is a bit hard to get details or separate rumor from fact. If you are accepting an assignment here and have any ICU experience, you are going to work in an ICU. That is were the biggest needs are right now.

The risk factor? I believe that all nurses, in my position are going to get sick.
Great info, thanks! If you want invited to COVID groups on fb, PM me

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2020, 08:15 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,724 Times in 1,699 Posts

Quote:
I just can't nice this post. While it's probably true, ain't nothing motherf**king nice about it.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 230 Times in 137 Posts

No questions.

Just wanted to say thank you for providing some real information about all of this instead of the garbage they put out on the news.

Also, thank you for your efforts on the front line and stay safe.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 172 Times in 85 Posts

Is there a need for mercenary laborers in the health care fields? Not that the pay is important or that anyone should take advantage of others, but is there a place for someone with no medical background but willing to work hard and risk sickness to help?
Old 04-09-2020, 09:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.1
Courses Played: 145
Niced 465 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post

Cheers mate. I'm praying for you. Hopefully we can throw a round together sometime this fall or next spring!
Seconded. I haven't been back to Hudson Mills more than twice in 20 years and crave going back, especially after encountering the 2006 DGLO with Al Schack leading on YouTube the other day.

Your Frisbee Family is rooting for you!

Old 04-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,300 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I just can't nice this post. While it's probably true, ain't nothing motherf**king nice about it.

It's horrible, but it was inevitable:

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-he...ing-500-nurses

Quote:
Michigan Health Watch

Beaumont has 1,500 workers with coronavirus symptoms, including 500 nurses
https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-he...ve-coronavirus

Quote:
More than 700 Henry Ford Health System workers have tested positive for COVID-19, the hospital system’s chief clinical officer said Monday.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:26 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Niced 3,724 Times in 1,699 Posts

Hope he doesn't mind my saying so, but Ru works for Beaumont. Not sure which facility he's at, but that's the company he works for. Over the past several years, they've really grown by buying/merging with a bunch of hospitals in the metro area.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 66 Times in 39 Posts

I've learned more in this thread then I have watching the news for weeks. Thank you Ru4por...