#51  
Old 05-08-2018, 12:13 AM
trifocal's Avatar
trifocal trifocal is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 742
Niced 57 Times in 26 Posts
Default

^Marc Ribot and the Young Philadelphians channel The Clash in Japan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OyKRXTN72o

Yeah 10 years here and still cant link a vid right proper. shame shame smilie
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 AM
dw00 dw00 is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 53
Niced 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Never once heard others playing music I liked while playing a round. I think the correct answer is probably instrumental music because it is the least distracting.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 AM
TimSyl TimSyl is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 776
Niced 285 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Once again: I like music, several types. Don't care for it when I'm playing disc.

Also like dogs, don't like them around when I'm discing.

Doing either one seems a bit selfish.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-08-2018, 11:57 AM
IHearChains IHearChains is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 167
Posts: 629
Niced 171 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11rok View Post
I'd much rather hear "noise" I've created rather than noise of others.
Stop and think about what you wrote here, and try to take the perspective of anyone but yourself.

To everyone else but you, your noise IS the "noise of others".

Get some earbuds and have a little consideration for other people.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Vintage Folfer Vintage Folfer is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kirkland, WA
Years Playing: 41.2
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 36
Niced 39 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
If one was to want to listen to some awesome Japanese Punk, what would they search for? Asking for a friend.
Top choice: "Uplift Spice" aka THE MUSMUS (Uplift Spice disbanded, then reformed as THE MUSMUS). Also: Bugy Craxone, The Blue Hearts, The Mods. Other favorites, not necessarily punk: Radwimps, Veltpunch, GO!GO!7188, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, RegalLilly, Yonige, Stereopony, nano.RIPE, and of course: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs. That should give your friend a good start.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 AM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,180
Niced 868 Times in 518 Posts
Default

The sound of silence.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-09-2018, 07:48 AM
da Crippler's Avatar
da Crippler da Crippler is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Years Playing: 49.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 614
Niced 556 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw00 View Post
Never once heard others playing music I liked while playing a round. I think the correct answer is probably instrumental music because it is the least distracting.
I have hours of instrumental metal on my phone that drives my buddy crazy. He calls it metalvator music.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 AM
d11rok d11rok is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 170
Niced 76 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHearChains View Post
Stop and think about what you wrote here, and try to take the perspective of anyone but yourself.

To everyone else but you, your noise IS the "noise of others".

Get some earbuds and have a little consideration for other people.
Again, this reply is off topic, as I proposed a very simple question in the original post. However, since you seem to call myself into question I feel I should respond.

I agree blaring music is a bad move. Having music playing at an individual volume is reasonable. I fail to see how anything played at an individual volume creates noise for others.

If in fact others have a problem, I don't see what's stopping them from coming up to me and asking for it turned off. Unless they have the social skills of a brick wall...but that's their own problem then.

I don't like earbuds...have never worn them in an outdoor setting and don't plan on doing so.

Some of you responders seem to make it your job to be angry. I'm sorry for whatever situation your life is in that makes you project that negativity into a disc golf message board. May you find solutions to your life's big problems.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-09-2018, 09:57 AM
TimSyl TimSyl is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 776
Niced 285 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11rok View Post
Again, this reply is off topic, as I proposed a very simple question in the original post. However, since you seem to call myself into question I feel I should respond.

I agree blaring music is a bad move. Having music playing at an individual volume is reasonable. I fail to see how anything played at an individual volume creates noise for others.

If in fact others have a problem, I don't see what's stopping them from coming up to me and asking for it turned off. Unless they have the social skills of a brick wall...but that's their own problem then.

I don't like earbuds...have never worn them in an outdoor setting and don't plan on doing so.

Some of you responders seem to make it your job to be angry. I'm sorry for whatever situation your life is in that makes you project that negativity into a disc golf message board. May you find solutions to your life's big problems.
Can't speak for other respondents to this question, but you asked for a fav pandora station. Some of us simply said we prefer NO music while playing disc. How is that angry? And, how is not coming up to you to ask you to turn the music off a lack of social skills. You see, unlike a "music player", perhaps some other folks HAVE consideration for others and don't want to be "that guy" (even though the rest of the group more than likely doesn't like the music being played either).

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 05-09-2018, 12:23 PM
IHearChains IHearChains is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 167
Posts: 629
Niced 171 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11rok View Post
Some of you responders seem to make it your job to be angry. I'm sorry for whatever situation your life is in that makes you project that negativity into a disc golf message board. May you find solutions to your life's big problems.
Not angry, just pointing out that some perspective-taking seems to be missing. If you don't like the "noise of others", maybe you could consider that others probably don't like your noise either.

On the other hand maybe you have considered that, and you just don't respect anyone else's perspective.

Lecture us again on social skills.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your favorite disc golf plastic? abarker Discs 74 12-06-2013 06:44 PM
Favorite disc golf stamp rj29274 General Disc Golf Chat 41 07-15-2013 07:50 PM
Favorite Disc Golf Course(s) KHud06 Disc Golf Courses 10 05-20-2013 11:12 PM
Favorite Disc Golf videos sharkbait General Disc Golf Chat 68 06-16-2010 09:58 AM
Favorite Disc Golf Club? ponto11 General Disc Golf Chat 1 03-30-2010 03:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.