Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Below is the worst injury ever. McLeod had this happen to him when he was climbing a fence to get a disc. His quote when asked if he has a bionic finger now... "Nope, that hand's on permanent Shocker mode now."
Actually, this injury happened to me at work, not on the course. So I'm disqualified from the contest. Not sure what the original thread topic was exactly, but I guess it was assumed I was at a course. When I get back from vacation I'll have to post some post-surgery pics. Mmmm...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 281
Niced 1,055 Times in 410 Posts

MORE GORE!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
That's what happened. I quit wearing my ring after seeing this pic. My wife isn't thrilled, but I'll stay loyal to her without my ring.
Just wear it on a chain around your neck. That's what my dad and a lot of his coworkers used to do at the plant he used to work at.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer View Post
And by the way, as crazy as the missing finger is, this is NOT A DISC GOLF DIRECTLY RELATED INJURY!!! It happened hopping a fence, which could have happened on any random fence hopping. No disrespect, that's hardcore. But I'm looking for injuries that could have only occurred from Disc Golfing. Not injuries like twisted knees, ankles, shoulders (unless it happened while throwing) etc. I know a lot of injuries occur on DG courses that could occurred on most hiking trails, or anywhere. I want to see only DG specific injuries, like KDDEBOER's drive to the face... lol. Ik moet je vragen, spreek je nederlands?
my leg broke on the follow through of my shot
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 89
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
Actually, this injury happened to me at work, not on the course. So I'm disqualified from the contest. Not sure what the original thread topic was exactly, but I guess it was assumed I was at a course. When I get back from vacation I'll have to post some post-surgery pics. Mmmm...
We definitely need the whole story. If it was climbing a fence to retrieve a disc at work, I say you're still in.

But, having endured that photo a number of times now, I'd love to hear the whole story.

And, I hope you're doing well... hopefully even with the finger!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 110
Niced 624 Times in 234 Posts

After that finger pic, i hardly think my injury was as bad as it initially felt..........

Trying to negotiate the log bridge between hole 4 & 5(@ the now extinct Woodstock course) my foot slipped off and under the log. My momentun carried me forward toward a fall so I tightened my leg muscles for the save and felt a "pop". Needless to say, i only played 4 holes that day and it took 40 minutes to hobble back to the car.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Post surgery. You can see some bone poking out through the skin graft.

Post 2nd surgery.

The remains.

So this happened at work. No discs were involved. I was trying to get into a secured area of the warehouse, and instead of getting the supervisor I figured I could climb some shelves and drop over the other side of the 10' fence. I made it over easily and just had to let go of the fence to drop over, but my wedding ring got caught at the top as I let go. The ring was silver so it crimped under the skin and stripped it off the bone as I fell. It took the first knuckle with it and my tendon for that finger snapped at the elbow and recoiled through my forearm and stayed with the dismembered finger. I instantly went into shock and didn't feel any pain, just disbelief that that really happened in a split second. Nobody was around at the time, so I had to scale the fence one handed to retrieve my finger. I ran to the CFO's office and told him to take me to the ER. Had no insurance, but got lucky that my job took care of the 20k medical bill. They couldn't reattach the whole finger because it was ripped off and not cleanly cut off. They grafted on as much skin as they could, but it didn't take, so I had to have a second surgery that took it down to just one knuckle. This all happened in '07, so I'm completely healed and not bothered my it at all. Luckily I'm not left handed so the only thing it affects is how I type S,X, & W. Now my wedding ring is tattooed on. No more rings for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Banned

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Wtf... Not cool lol I was about to eat
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 106 Times in 62 Posts

y'all too hardcore for me

Old 01-13-2022, 10:37 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 378
Niced 8,348 Times in 3,340 Posts

Bumping a very old thread, and pulling a few posts together to clarify the fact that:
This gruesome finger injury was NOT at all disc related.
Quote:
Below is the worst injury ever. McLeod had this happen to him when he was climbing a fence to get a disc. His quote when asked if he has a bionic finger now... "Nope, that hand's on permanent Shocker mode now."

Quote:
Quote:
Post surgery. You can see some bone poking out through the skin graft.

Post 2nd surgery.

The remains.

So this happened at work. No discs were involved. I was trying to get into a secured area of the warehouse, and instead of getting the supervisor I figured I could climb some shelves and drop over the other side of the 10' fence. I made it over easily and just had to let go of the fence to drop over, but my wedding ring got caught at the top as I let go. The ring was silver so it crimped under the skin and stripped it off the bone as I fell. It took the first knuckle with it and my tendon for that finger snapped at the elbow and recoiled through my forearm and stayed with the dismembered finger. I instantly went into shock and didn't feel any pain, just disbelief that that really happened in a split second. Nobody was around at the time, so I had to scale the fence one handed to retrieve my finger. I ran to the CFO's office and told him to take me to the ER. Had no insurance, but got lucky that my job took care of the 20k medical bill. They couldn't reattach the whole finger because it was ripped off and not cleanly cut off. They grafted on as much skin as they could, but it didn't take, so I had to have a second surgery that took it down to just one knuckle. This all happened in '07, so I'm completely healed and not bothered my it at all. Luckily I'm not left handed so the only thing it affects is how I type S,X, & W. Now my wedding ring is tattooed on. No more rings for me.
That said, some folks have had some pretty bad discing injuries.