#21  
Old 01-13-2022, 10:14 PM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 32.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,401
Niced 4,825 Times in 1,473 Posts
Default

Playing Sunday doubles, we're walking to our starting hole and this dude comes cruising by on a longboard. He hits some rocks and stiffly flies through the air. No tuck and roll, it was clear he had no experience falling. Lands with a dull thud and starts whimpering. When he stands, his arm is just dangling. Found out later he broke his collarbone.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-13-2022, 10:51 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,230
Niced 8,313 Times in 2,853 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Playing Sunday doubles, we're walking to our starting hole and this dude comes cruising by on a longboard. He hits some rocks and stiffly flies through the air. No tuck and roll, it was clear he had no experience falling. Lands with a dull thud and starts whimpering. When he stands, his arm is just dangling. Found out later he broke his collarbone.
Most common broken bone in the body.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-13-2022, 10:52 PM
glassila's Avatar
glassila glassila is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calumet, MI
Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,095
Niced 1,228 Times in 448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
HEY.....I got a ticket outside Baraga back in the day, was that you!!!!!
Nope!
I never worked Baraga County. Houghton, Keweenaw, Delta & Schoolcraft only throughout the years.
Plus 4 years in Oakland County. I nailed a motorcycle at 116mph near Pontiac...was that you Bogey?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:01 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,230
Niced 8,313 Times in 2,853 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
Nope!
I never worked Baraga County. Houghton, Keweenaw, Delta & Schoolcraft only throughout the years.
Plus 4 years in Oakland County. I nailed a motorcycle at 116mph near Pontiac...was that you Bogey?
LOL...it was 30+ years ago anyway. Guy was really cool. Scared the bejesus out of me though. He had me get out of the car and sit in the front seat of the cruiser, it was really raining out. He showed me the radar reading and wrote out my ticket while we chatted. Only REALLY scary part was the one hitter in my front flannel pocket and the canine in the back of the cruiser.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:19 PM
DeanMoriarty's Avatar
DeanMoriarty DeanMoriarty is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Southern Wisco border
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 215
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 237
Niced 239 Times in 105 Posts
Default

I have pretty long hair thats usually tied up and I bent down in a briar patch to grab my disc and I guess I brushed my head against some burrs.

Needless to say, I spent the next 5 minutes cursing and attempting to get these burrs out that somehow knotted up in my hair and would basically break apart when I'd try to pull them out making them splinter more pieces into my hair.

All that trouble to bag a very, very bad 9 hole church course too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Took me a while to find this DGCR classic, but...

Y'all gotta check out this thread:
Warning: not faint of heart.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...47#post1734847
^ That's called avulsion. A buddy's friend of mine ran from the cops years ago and tried to hop a fence with a ring on. Ring got caught on fence and that's pretty much the aftermath.

Last edited by DeanMoriarty; 01-13-2022 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:32 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,307
Niced 9,294 Times in 3,654 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
Nope!
I never worked Baraga County. Houghton, Keweenaw, Delta & Schoolcraft only throughout the years.
Plus 4 years in Oakland County. I nailed a motorcycle at 116mph near Pontiac...was that you Bogey?
Never been on two wheels I wasn't pedaling.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-13-2022, 11:35 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,230
Niced 8,313 Times in 2,853 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanMoriarty View Post
^ That's called avulsion. A buddy's friend of mine ran from the cops years ago and tried to hop a fence with a ring on. Ring got caught on fence and that's pretty much the aftermath.
Also called a degloving. I had a patient in my first few years of nursing with a similar injury. They were able to retrieve the "glove" and reattach it to the finger. A fairly involved surgery, that was partially successful. They were able to restore arterial flow to the reattatched tissue, but were struggling getting the old blood back out. We eventually brought in some medical leeches to attach to the finger every four or six hours. The girls on the floor flipped out. I mean these nurses are baddasses, they deal with unimaginable things, but the leeches were out of the question. I was like, heck...this is just ice fishing. She did pretty well with the finger and was discharged a week later or so.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-14-2022, 04:10 AM
uncle pennybags uncle pennybags is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 764
Niced 432 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Never been on two wheels I wasn't pedaling.
That wasn't a denial.


Also, wow! That's some hardcore pedaling!

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-14-2022, 07:51 AM
Tripper's Avatar
Tripper Tripper is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 175
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,022
Niced 558 Times in 235 Posts
Default

On a day I could not get off work early my buddies played at Buckhorn DGC. As they were coming back to the parking lot between rounds they saw what they thought was a wildfire in the woods by Hole 0 tee pad. When they went over to try to put the fire out they discovered it was caused by a woman that committed suicide by self immolation. They described the incident as sounding and smelling like bacon cooking. I no longer eat bacon.
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 01-14-2022, 09:06 AM
glassila's Avatar
glassila glassila is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calumet, MI
Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,095
Niced 1,228 Times in 448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
On a day I could not get off work early my buddies played at Buckhorn DGC. As they were coming back to the parking lot between rounds they saw what they thought was a wildfire in the woods by Hole 0 tee pad. When they went over to try to put the fire out they discovered it was caused by a woman that committed suicide by self immolation. They described the incident as sounding and smelling like bacon cooking. I no longer eat bacon.
It is going to be very, very hard to top this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Todays Photo Horror! optidiscic General Disc Golf Chat 7 04-24-2009 07:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.