Old 02-11-2018, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.1
Courses Played: 127
Niced 100 Times in 60 Posts

I'm the guy that beats plastic to where another player finds "gold" in the used rack. I like newer stuff to throw, so I throw a full range of molds. My beat overstable stuff is gold to the experienced player and my beat understable stuff is gold to the newbie. It's all good. Whatever works for you is the best way.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 427 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I'm the guy that beats plastic to where another player finds "gold" in the used rack. I like newer stuff to throw, so I throw a full range of molds. My beat overstable stuff is gold to the experienced player and my beat understable stuff is gold to the newbie. It's all good. Whatever works for you is the best way.
Well **** man if you are ever getting rid of any good let me know (as long as it's Discraft or trilogy gold)
Old 02-17-2018, 10:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 828 Times in 425 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
I'm more of the old school, I like base line for my mids and putters.

Something I have noticed is, a lot of guys complain about baseline beating in too fast, but what I have observed is that many haven't been playing long enough to even know what that means. They judge all baseline on a 150gr starter pack leopard and a whole lot of hearsay. There is one guy I play with that has never even owned a baseline disc and his reason being? They break in too fast! WTF!

I have yet to find anything off the shelf that flies like a beat X-Comet or thrashed KC-Roc and once you have a few in the cycle, it takes very little to maintain. There is also that familiarity thing that occurs when you throw the same discs with the same rim configuration for a long time.

I currently have both a 3yr old DX Roc and an X-comet in the bag, still very usable and very controllable. Neither does weird things that an off the shelf understable disc can be prone to do. And yes, I have tried lots of premium plastic understable discs.

To each there own though, I just prefer baseline.
Spot on. Spot. On.

I’ll add to that Pro and Star cycles just fine for faster discs. A few used bin finds, a few Pro and Star drivers in your favorite molds, and some time finding molds that work for you across their wear cycle and it’s easy to get 5-7 molds to cover everything.

Play smart. Keep it simple. Make shots.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:57 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 939 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Spot on. Spot. On.

I’ll add to that Pro and Star cycles just fine for faster discs. A few used bin finds, a few Pro and Star drivers in your favorite molds, and some time finding molds that work for you across their wear cycle and it’s easy to get 5-7 molds to cover everything.

Always bought used star PIAS stuff as a noob. The new discs felt slick and you had no idea if worth a damn where obviously someone loved that beat in SOB. Clearance PIAS winter stuff star chsmp for like $4 ans stock up!

Prolly tosses destroyers into ponds and woods never to be found now worth $30+ lol

Niced: (1)

Old 02-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 160 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Spot on. Spot. On.

Has the weather been pretty nice where you're at, ODRB? You look tan in your profile pic.