* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Creeper
You're just begging for that one, aren't you?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2018, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 1,674 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
You're just begging for that one, aren't you?
?... I was making fun of someone changing SD's title...
Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 18
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Fair enough. "World's Okayest Disc Golfer" might work for you as well. I wish I was okayer at disc golf myself.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 2
Niced 868 Times in 531 Posts

Im gonna step in on Dire's side for a moment. Now, maybe some here led sheltered lives in high school, but I didn't. I've not heard anything particularly new since high school. The notion that high schoolers haven't heard it, and forebrain development are two different things. Everything is on the internet, including things you old farts who can't YouTube, couldn't even imagine. That's not the same thing as having the emotional maturity to parse right and wrong.

While it isn't a given that Dire has heard it all, and for sure, he hasn't experienced it all, I wouldn't bet on relative amounts.

However, since each new generation invents whole new ways of saying old things, I'm pretty confident that Dire has terminology that many here have never been exposed too. Can ya dig it man? Yeah, groovy.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 1,674 Times in 967 Posts

Word.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 183 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Im gonna step in on Dire's side for a moment. Now, maybe some here led sheltered lives in high school, but I didn't. I've not heard anything particularly new since high school. The notion that high schoolers haven't heard it, and forebrain development are two different things. Everything is on the internet, including things you old farts who can't YouTube, couldn't even imagine. That's not the same thing as having the emotional maturity to parse right and wrong.

While it isn't a given that Dire has heard it all, and for sure, he hasn't experienced it all, I wouldn't bet on relative amounts.

However, since each new generation invents whole new ways of saying old things, I'm pretty confident that Dire has terminology that many here have never been exposed too. Can ya dig it man? Yeah, groovy.
To go along with that, since I go to a SUNY (State University of New York) I deal with kids from NYC and other metropolitan areas that have more people than the 2 counties I'm closest to when home, so I hear things that I completely don't understand, but those of us from my area can have a conversations about Michigans and nobody has any idea what we are talking about. If you don't either here's a really accurate Wikipedia article on them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_hot_dog
I suggest that if you are ever in the Plattsburgh, NY area you stop by 1 of the 4 restaurants that serve them.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,409 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
I'm surprised someone actually wasted the $10 on it.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 141 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'm surprised someone actually wasted the $10 on it.
lmao, he did get tagged.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 151
Niced 300 Times in 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post

There is a huge difference between "heard it all" and I don't understand the idioms of today's youth.

I feel bad for you if you haven't heard anything new since high school. I make sure to learn something new every day. So I will unabashedly admit to having not "heard it all", nor will I ever. In the words of Albert Einstein "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.". That is one of the smartest humans ever humbly stating outright that he has not "heard it all". Lesson to be learned is if you speak in absolutes, prepare to be called on your BS.

I'm pretty sure Dire was speaking in hyperbole but just because "everything is on the internet" does not mean Dire or anyone else has actually gone through the entire internet to "hear it all".

Dire's claim to have " heard it all" was more to let Stardoggy know that he would not be surprised by any "comedic" title someone decided to give him.