Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 788 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Things noobs say:

My Discraft Memorial Day Mystery Box sucked. I thought it was a chance for Discraft to give away all their really cool, great selling discs and baskets. I never imagined it was a marketing gig for Discraft to get rid of a bunch of stuff they had too much of or could not sell.
If that is the case a Putt'r only in Soft X should have been in every box. I am sure that is the worst selling Discraft disc still made. There is a reason a lid type disc should not be made in a soft flexible plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 788 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz58 View Post
Maybe they want to feel like they aren't getting some type of a handicap and want to play properly off the same tees? What adult wants to play off the kiddie tees to begin with? Certainly no one I ever played with and I did not either when I first started.
What other tees? For the longest time I did not know that other tee pads did exist more just the Alternate tee pad that is a true Alternate set and not a short to long set of tee pads. I thought that shorter tees was just a Golf thing for a while like first two-three years of play. However I did see a course that had beginner par, intermediate par, and advanced par before knew courses could have shorter tees.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 574 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Bah!
1)Age &/or injury will catch up with you eventually, and then you'll either backoff your pride/bravado, or hurt yourself and cut short your playing.
2)Not all longs are better. Some are just longer...boringly, painfully, not challengingly (other than the distance) longer. Sometimes even unsafe, like one local course here where some of the longs result in crossing the fairway for another hole, and/or the long tee means throwing blind through areas where people are moving.
In MN, the long tees are designed as the proper tees and short tees are there to facilitate youth/eldery/female/otherwise handicapped players. I understand that other parts of the country have less capable course designers, where the "long" tees are simply slapped on with added distance to accommodate the extremely small percentage of players in that area that can break 350'. Here in MN the short tees are slapped on to artificially take off distance and difficulty for the minority of players that suck.

This isn't weightlifting. You cannot hurt yourself by throwing from a more challenging tee. And there is simply no benefit to playing tees according to your ability level. If you are not a mental midget you will be able to cope with the higher scores, and at the same time aspire to throw a disc properly and proficiently enough to eventually score well from the longs.

Evidence that my snobbery is warranted: https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-disc...11-50-revealed (and we should be #1 because their quality rankings cause quantity to be a disadvantage)
Old 06-14-2019, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,730 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
In MN, the long tees are designed as the proper tees and short tees are there to facilitate youth/eldery/female/otherwise handicapped players. I understand that other parts of the country have less capable course designers, where the "long" tees are simply slapped on with added distance to accommodate the extremely small percentage of players in that area that can break 350'. Here in MN the short tees are slapped on to artificially take off distance and difficulty for the minority of players that suck.

This isn't weightlifting. You cannot hurt yourself by throwing from a more challenging tee. And there is simply no benefit to playing tees according to your ability level. If you are not a mental midget you will be able to cope with the higher scores, and at the same time aspire to throw a disc properly and proficiently enough to eventually score well from the longs.

Evidence that my snobbery is warranted: https://udisc.com/blog/post/top-disc...11-50-revealed (and we should be #1 because their quality rankings cause quantity to be a disadvantage)
Well.....maybe MN could share it's wealth of superior course designers. Maybe we can then see MI courses reach the height of perfection, like all MN courses.

Wait, I have played several MN courses, I don't remember design perfection. Of course, MI has 8 cities in the top 50, so maybe MN is just under appreciated?

The rest of your post is............well........wrong. But, I guess you have an opinion.

Last edited by ru4por; 06-14-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 379
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 113 Times in 60 Posts

Hand jobs for all Minnisotans!

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ohtobediscing; 06-14-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 58 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
Hand jobs for all Minnisotans!
I'm not sure what it is about Minnesota disc golfers?? I have met a few of the nicest people ever (Cale Leiviska, Collin Bailey, Ben Kroll) and then met some of the most arrogant DBs as well (Jordan Castro, Lucas Hegna, Alec Anderson) there's no in between.

Most communities have a little bit of everything, but MN seems to be extreme, one way or another.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 327
Niced 286 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post

leave this conversation the adults and go back to BRP and VQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDickHyzer View Post
I'm not sure what it is about Minnesota disc golfers?? I have ... met some of the most arrogant DBs as well (Jordan Castro, Lucas Hegna, Alec Anderson) there's no in between.
apparently, you forgot SonicGuy

Old 06-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 327
Niced 286 Times in 145 Posts

things noobs say:

i'm 61 and my body is falling apart but dammit i'm playing the long tees

Old 06-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 265 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
things noobs say:

i'm 61 and my body is falling apart but dammit i'm playing the long tees
So the majority of this board then?

Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 574 Times in 302 Posts

Disc golfers: why can’t we have courses with legit par 4’s and 5’s??

Same disc golfers: I am old and my bones hurt, why would I ever play the long tees??

Niced: (1)