Old 07-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 105 Times in 64 Posts

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 12 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 145 total throws (130 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 15 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 10 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 29 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 25 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 14 throws.

This will be my bag for the upcoming tournament next Saturday. The course (Widefield) is set up in a very scorable layout for the event, the winning score should be fairly low.

I've added in my super OS Xcal to replace the pop top Wraith I lost a week ago, its more beefy but should work as a good sunstitute. I feel like the Wraith will continue to sit on the sidelines until my BH distance improves a bit more. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be able to use them more effectively than I can now.

I also slimmed down the Roc selection by removing my Star Rancho. I need more throws under my belt with that one before trusting it in a tournament. My fresh KC is overstable enough for most situations, and that star doesn't have much more fade. It may be time to look into a couple Champ Roc throwers for my OS bookend. I'll just power down on an OLF or power up a Pig if I need something more beefy than the fresh KC for the time being.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2019, 05:33 AM
Birdie Member

1.Pig- 260 throws. 26.29% of throws
2.Firebird- 146 throws. 14.76% of throws
3.Polecat- 121 throws. 12.23% of throws
4.Roc- 114 throws. 11.53% of throws
5.Omega- 104 throws & 916 putts (1020 total). 10.52% of throws
6.OLF- 97 throws. 9.81% of throws
7.Xcal- 68 throws. 6.88% of throws
8.Roadrunner- 52 throws. 5.26% of throws
9.Wraith- 27 throws. 2.73% of throws

Total stats before I decided to remove the Wraith, I feel like the dwindling number of Wraith shots justify the move. Those shots are now split fairly evenly between my OLFs and Xcals. The last couple updates are not reflected in these numbers. I'll tally these numbers again once tournament season is over, as my bag is pretty set on molds for the rest of the year.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (6 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 184 total throws (148 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 24 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 7 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 9 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 26 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 30 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 12 throws.

I played my first tournament up in MA1 earlier today at Widefield, shot -2 for the day & wound up taking 5th out of 13. They had the course set up in a very scorable layout, but I was pretty much stuck in neutral all day. I wound up having to throw the Omega on a bunch of upshots due to bad drives, way more than I expect to throw in a normal round. Luckily, I was able to save a bunch of pars with them so that helped out. Although when you can't get off the tee on half the holes it really limits your chances of stringing a few birdies together. I was glad to see that even without my A game I was pretty competitive in advanced.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:24 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 615 Times in 324 Posts

I'm too lazy to look... How do you tally all your shots?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I'm too lazy to look... How do you tally all your shots?
I'll typically do it by hand after getting home from golfing, but you could always write it down on your scorecard or little notebook as you play. I don't want to bother with tracking the discs during the round, so I just grab a beer and write it all down after the round. Helps to see what shots you are needing to practice, and what discs you are barely ever using.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 8 throws. Finally starting to dial back the amount of Polecat upshots from before. There are plenty of times where my Omegas are more appropriate for the shot but I throw Polecat anyways. I'll score better if I have the discipline to throw the Omega more often.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 162 total throws (131 putts). I've really been leaning on a fresh Lunar SS for my main thrower the past 2-3 weeks. Throwing these for more upshots is paying dividends.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 31 throws. Don't leave home without one.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 12 throws. I need to practice more with my flippy DX Roc. I throw the other 3 (Fresh KC, Seasoned KC, Straight DX) much more and it shows. Once I learn it better I'll have so many more lines open up on the course.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 8 throws. My least thrown disc, but probably one of my favorites to throw.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 11 throws. So versatile
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 14 throws. My most beat Sexton is getting nice and straight, almost like a Thunderbird. That one steals plenty of OLF shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 14 throws. I played a round in Pueblo that had 9 of the Xcal shots. Otherwise, I've not used it too much the past week.

I have my next tournament coming up this Sunday at Aviary, will be playing MA1 again. I plan on staying up in advanced for the rest of this year at the very least. There's no rush for me to try and jump up to MPO, and I'd feel like a sandbagger staying down in MA2. Hopefully I can close the skill gap over the next couple years, but I feel like the jump from MA1 to MPO is much greater than from MA2 to MA1. I'm currently swamped with schoolwork, so I won't be able to get out and practice the layout much if at all before the event. That shouldn't be an issue on a course I play so often, but its nice to come up with a game plan for each hole in advance. The less decisions you have to make on the fly the better during tournament golf.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:56 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds, including Rocky Mtn. State Games):

1x Polecat (XT)- 9 throws. Threw it once today and almost cashed in a 100 footer but hit cage. I just trust the Omega a bit more now for many upshot where I'm laying up instead of running a safe but long bid. Polecats come out when I'm feeling froggy now.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 156 total throws (132 putts). These have been treating me well this year. I'll probably break out a new pair of DT from the practice pile and rotate them into my bag for a while. My two current DT have been going strong since I bought them off Streets early last year. Thanks Streets
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 32 throws. These really get a chance to shine when Aviary is in a shorter layout, today it was shorter than it has been in a very long time.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 16 throws. Lost my seasoned KC on a foolish ace run at the tournament today. Missed the ace, hit the creek and took a 4.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws. Unfortunately I also lost two Roadrunners on consecutive days right before the tournament, so I was forced to go without them today. Time to order more Star Roadrunners both new and used.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 9 throws. Aviary in the short layout doesn't leave much room for many OLF shots.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 17 throws. My Firebirds really came through for me today, they got me 5 birdies off 8 tee shots. The three others were all within comfortable jump putt range to boot.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 9 throws. Instant Distance!

I played Rocky Mountain State Games today, another C tier at Aviary. This one is a small tournament every year, MA1 only had 6 competitors today. What an odd tournament, I played very solid golf all day, finishing at -11 and wound up 4th of 6. My score would have been good for 3rd of 6 up in Open, as the advanced field posted better scores than the open field across the board. So even though I feel like I played well enough to compete for a win, I managed to finish bottom half of the field. Small sample sizes do strange things sometimes and I'm not upset with my day. My rating should continue its climb on the next update. It was a strangely short layout, but I was pretty happy with my play despite the low finish.

Last edited by HERB brooks; 07-28-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:58 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 1 throw.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 99 total throws (84 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 19 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 4 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Champion)- 4 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 10 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 11 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 6 throws.

I played a couple fairly frustrating rounds today despite scoring very well both times. I really had a special day off the teepads, but couldn't convert much of anything in the circle. I was almost better off laying up to circle 2 all day, as my pitiful circle 1x percentage kept me from setting a PR on both Aviary and Cottonwood today (I missed 4 laughable 15-20 footers at Cottonwood alone, which isn't normal). Kind of an annoying development, because at my last tourney I only missed one putt inside the circle but couldn't hit a jump putt if my life depended on it. On the bright side, I finally aced a hole at Cottonwood today, getting #6 short. Hole 6 is probably the easiest one to get on the course, threw a soft Pig RHBH and thought it was in right out of my hand.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:08 AM
Birdie Member

whoops

Last edited by HERB brooks; 08-10-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:14 AM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (7 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws.
4x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 226 total throws (195 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro & Pro Wysocki Signature)- 43 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 24 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Champion)- 10 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 20 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 22 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 19 throws.

Finally made it out to Elizabeth, CO to play a couple rounds at Prickly Pines today. I highly recommend that course if your are passing through. I don't really plan on playing in any more tournaments until October, but might wind up playing States if room opens up in MA1. Since I'll probably have a couple months off from tourneys, I've added an Aries to the bag for ****s & giggles. So far I am really liking it, but they really aren't all that much different than a really beat in Wraith. Maybe I'll sneak the Wraiths back into my back earlier than expected, since I'm getting some good distance with the OLFs and Aries BH now. I'll probably hold off until winter, but if my distance keeps increasing I may want them back in sooner.

Niced: (1)