Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,540 Times in 1,536 Posts

Isn't that a bit like asking the PDGA's policy on suspension of play during an eclipse?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 986 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerandhoney View Post
But I guess you, instead, refer to mental well-being, which is indeed way too sensitive an area to even go there.
By far not just the mental aspect of it. I researched what the physical process is as well, this is not something you do on an impulse, hence my earlier comment.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:46 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,281 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Trying to be sensitive here, but that particular person, I'm guessing, would have issues way more pressing in life than to worry about disc golf at that point.
Who doesn't? Look, I know I'm splitting hairs here, but we're already talking about like 2% of the gen pop so what's another hair splitting? I've seen folks on Twitter that purport to be detrans so I'm assuming they're out there.
Quote:
If the person were to de-transition after surgery, they would remain eligible, unless they'd chemically add testosterone to their body.
If the person would de-transition by no longer taking testosterone blockers, the oerson would lose eligibility as soon as their testosterone levels, were above 10nmol/l again
Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere already but is there any policing of these testosterone levels or is it basically enforced as much as the disc stiffness or overweight rule? Basically not enforced unless a card mate protests? It's not likely that a trans player would let their hormone regiment lapse for a competitive advantage but if there's one thing I know about disc golfers, they're broke and/or cheap. I'm guessing these HRT meds aren't cheap and I can potentially see a player already having signed up for a tourney but falling on hard times and having to skip a round or two of meds maybe.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,291 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I'm guessing these HRT meds aren't cheap and I can potentially see a player already having signed up for a tourney but falling on hard times and having to skip a round or two of meds maybe.
2mg generic estradiol once daily, which is a typical maintenance dose for transgender women without gonads, can be had for less than $15 a month, and even less with good discount pharmacies, insurance, 90-day supplies, mail-order refill discounts, etc. It's not free, but it's less than a monthly deluxe pizza.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Verified Jurkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
2mg generic estradiol once daily, which is a typical maintenance dose for transgender women without gonads, can be had for less than $15 a month, and even less with good discount pharmacies, insurance, 90-day supplies, mail-order refill discounts, etc. It's not free, but it's less than a monthly deluxe pizza.
That's out of pocket?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,291 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
That's out of pocket?
Right. I think it's closer to $30-ish a month without insurance, but good luck getting a firm figure on that in the US, right? (Nobody knows exactly how much anything costs until it's already been done, or is an emergency. . .)
Old 08-11-2019, 12:24 AM
Verified Jurkface

Quote:
Right. I think it's closer to $30-ish a month without insurance, but good luck getting a firm figure on that in the US, right? (Nobody knows exactly how much anything costs until it's already been done, or is an emergency. . .)
That's still not too bad. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Who doesn't? Look, I know I'm splitting hairs here, but we're already talking about like 2% of the gen pop so what's another hair splitting? I've seen folks on Twitter that purport to be detrans so I'm assuming they're out there.

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere already but is there any policing of these testosterone levels or is it basically enforced as much as the disc stiffness or overweight rule? Basically not enforced unless a card mate protests? It's not likely that a trans player would let their hormone regiment lapse for a competitive advantage but if there's one thing I know about disc golfers, they're broke and/or cheap. I'm guessing these HRT meds aren't cheap and I can potentially see a player already having signed up for a tourney but falling on hard times and having to skip a round or two of meds maybe.
Blood works tests proving tesostereone needs to be below 10nmol/l is required before access to gender-protected divisions is granted.

It is almost a give that a transgender woman will want to upkeep their HRT regimen; as failing to do so will damage all they actually want most.
And what they want most will NOT be 'winning a disc golf event'.

Skipping testosterone blockers for a few days will NOT cause noticeable effects on the fairways, other than possibly a player becoming more irritable.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
In the US it might be out of pocket ; That is a result of the healthcare situation.
In almost all Western countries; HRT is covered by insurance, AND insurance is affordable (I pay 108eur/month on my basic premium (and get 96eur/month from the government, ie. I pay 12eur/month out of pocket for my health care.
I have yet to receive a bill (I will not) for my HRT, and I have had therapy , surgery , speech therapy, laser hair removal all covered by that same insurance.
Only durig the first days/weeks of the year, as I dont quite surpass my 350eur excess threshold, do I pay out of pocket.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Par Member

Niced 50 Times in 25 Posts

Two of the most interesting statements I've read in this thread:

Quote:
"... I pay 12eur/month out of pocket for my health care."

"... laser hair removal all covered by that same insurance."
Could you explain how your health care insurance premium rate is calculated?

Thanks for your candid input to this discussion.