Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 161 Times in 78 Posts

Update
Putters: still putting with judges throwing the envy and zone.
Mids: added a pmcb buzzz and a old buzzz ss. My pmcb buzzz is a good complement to my md3. The buzzz ss made it into the bag for long jump putts mainly. I've really daily it in and kinda funny how good I'm with it. It also a good short turnover mid.
Fairways are still rivals and Patriots right now and a firebird. I'm experimenting with an x heat. Holds a long turnover well without turning into a roller or flexing out.
Drivers: This is were I've made my biggest changes. I've dropped all my old drivers and started to throw only a g* shryke and g* destroyer. The shryke is my Max d driver and this thing just glides for days. My g* destroyer is only 152 grams. This thing flys out of my hand. I live it for flip to flat distance shots that still fade at the end. This disc also has helped my forehead game tremendously.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2019, 12:37 AM
Birdie Member

Update
Dropped the envy for a fuzion judge. I felt envy was a bit too stable for my needs and with my zone I had the putter os slot filled.
Mids are the same but added a old star caiman for short forehand shots off the tee that the zone can't quite reach.
Fairways I've now only bag a pinnacle Patriot. Dropped the rival for a s-line pd that I like a ton more.
Drivers I'm still carrying the g* shryke. Love it for tailwind shots, long straight shots and long turnovers. I've recently added probably the most os star shryke I've ever thrown. It's a headwind beast. Great for flex shots. And finally added a z machete for thumbers. It's the longest thumber disc I've ever thrown. Plus it's a great meathook for when I need it.

Kinda looking to replace my Patriot with something more common and easier to replace. Need a slightly us fairway that's straight. Leo3 isn't an option just didn't click with the disc.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Kinda looking to replace my Patriot with something more common and easier to replace. Need a slightly us fairway that's straight. Leo3 isn't an option just didn't click with the disc.
Tons of choices in this arena. Besides the Leopard and Leopard3, there is (from more stable to less stable) the TL3, the TL, the FD, and the River. And others, but these are the ones I know best.

The FD comes in the most plastic variations, but there can be periods of time where they're hard to get, as restocks don't happen as often as I'd like to see. But a lot of people love this mold, and for good reason.

The Star TL is awesome, and will season in over time. The TL3 is a bit flatter in my grip, but is also really good. I switched to the Leo3 before I could break in a Star TL3, so maybe others can give more advice on how the TL3 does with some seasoning.

The River is more glidey and is a great mold. It's only problem is that the Lat64 (Trilogy) plastics tend to season in much more quickly than Star and Champ do, so my Rivers would become flippy faster than I wanted.

Also, what plastic(s) did you try the Leo3 in? I never got along with a Star Leo3, but the Champion Leo3s and the Hannah Leatherman Leo3s are 'all that' for me. Not trying to change your mind, though; if the disc didn't fit, you must a-quit (or something like that ).
Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Also, what plastic(s) did you try the Leo3 in? I never got along with a Star Leo3, but the Champion Leo3s and the Hannah Leatherman Leo3s are 'all that' for me. Not trying to change your mind, though; if the disc didn't fit, you must a-quit (or something like that ).
Both star and champ. I started with champ and that was too stable for what I wanted. So I tried star and not as os as champ but still too stable for my liking. I'm looking for a fairway that I can throw nice and smooth that has a bit of turn but finishes straight.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Both star and champ. I started with champ and that was too stable for what I wanted. So I tried star and not as os as champ but still too stable for my liking. I'm looking for a fairway that I can throw nice and smooth that has a bit of turn but finishes straight.
Sounds like the River fresh out of the box, then. And an FD might start off more stable than you like, but it would season in to what you want very nicely.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Birdie Member

Huge bag update. I don't know the real reason why I decided to switch to a all discraft bag but over the last month or so that's what I've been doing. And this is just an update to that process.
x2 Jawbreaker focus- only one round with these but so far I've clicked immediately. Love the rim feel and I banged two 45+ birdie putts with them. Really have confidence in these so far.
Big z Roach- this was the last slot to replace in my bag, driving putter. I'm hoping this to be a very workable throwing putter that I can put on multiple angles.
Esp zone- forehand approaches mainly but I will throw it off the tee on short right finishing holes. Also windy day putter when need be.
Esp sol- love throwing this thing. Straight to understable upshot disc. Also I love long jump putting with it too. Also I will throw it off the tee on short technical wooded holes.
Esp meteor - understable mid. I'm still getting to know this disc but love it on turnovers out the box right now.
Esp buzzz ss- my go to tunnel disc. This thing live to do one thing and that's go dead straight.
Esp buzzz- workhorse mid. It's just like my buzzz ss but has more fade towards the end. I also like throwing little baby flexes with it.
Z mantis-this replace my Pinnacle Patriot. it's a bit more understable than a patriot but I don't mind because I like throwing a little bit of a easier hyzer flips with this.
Esp heat- my go to long turnover disc / hyzer flip to straight disc. I'm really surprised with a glide in this disc I never seen a disc stay in the air quite like this just does. I want to try it as a roller disc I want to put it up against the x avenger SS and see which I like more as a roller.
Z undertaker- more stable than my heat. I also like to throw little flexes with this disc as well.
Z machete- thumber and big skip shots both forehand and backhand. This is the longest thumber disc I've ever thrown. I love it
Big z crank- my distance driver. I would compare it to a more stable Shryke. So far digging this as well.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Huge bag update. I don't know the real reason why I decided to switch to a all discraft bag ....
It's that Paul McBeth magic pixie dust in the air.

Seriously, that's a solid Discraft bag you're totin'. The Focus and I did not gel when I tried it for putting, but other than that, it looked like something I could do well with...

Niced: (1)
Old 07-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
It's that Paul McBeth magic pixie dust in the air.

Seriously, that's a solid Discraft bag you're totin'. The Focus and I did not gel when I tried it for putting, but other than that, it looked like something I could do well with...
Lol maybe. But I I clicked with the pmcb buzzz, buzzz ss and Zone. I just slowly start try different discraft molds and been instantly gelling with them.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-16-2019, 11:02 PM
Birdie Member

Update
Thinking about completely taking out the Mantis. I throw the heat a ton more and I can throw the same lines with the heat that I can with the Mantis. I also bought a z thrasher hopefully it's a longer heat for me. Only distance drivers in my bag are too overstable to get max distance. On a side note my big z Crank is very stable for me. Has anyone else had the same findings?

Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 288 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Update
Thinking about completely taking out the Mantis. I throw the heat a ton more and I can throw the same lines with the heat that I can with the Mantis. I also bought a z thrasher hopefully it's a longer heat for me. Only distance drivers in my bag are too overstable to get max distance. On a side note my big z Crank is very stable for me. Has anyone else had the same findings?
Thrown a big z crank for a minute. Was definitely more stable than I anticipated. Was pretty flat and max weight.