Old 09-29-2019, 08:33 PM

Years Playing: 40.6
Courses Played: 108
Niced 41 Times in 15 Posts

Look at some of the tee signs they have posted. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. I wonder if manufacturers suggest hiring course designers? Or is that just a silly concept lol
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2019, 10:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 165
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 118 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 View Post
I'd play it. Is there a bagger equivalent term for those that hit breweries? i could hit two addictions at the same time.
I just did that yesterday! Whistle Hop, near Asheville, NC.

5th course of the day and 2nd of 3 breweries!!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 314
Niced 2,285 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2432 View Post
Look at some of the tee signs they have posted. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. I wonder if manufacturers suggest hiring course designers? Or is that just a silly concept lol
The tee signs show a bike path or road possibly coming into play on the vast majority of holes. At face value, you gotta be concerned about a course that brings them into play as frequently as is shown on the signs and I have to believe they're on the tee signs for a reason.

That said, they aren't obvious looking at the course pix, and maybe it's a little harder to throw into through them than the signs would make you think. Doesn't look to be a public roadway. Looks like it's just a dirt road that winds it's way through the property, probably seldom used.

IF it's private property, they should have some control over who's doing what on the property. And if it's a brewery, seems strange it's not listed as a private course.

Way more questions than answers...
Hence the call for some "reliable local help."
Old 09-29-2019, 11:40 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,588 Times in 937 Posts

I'm sure it's on private brewery land. It makes no sense otherwise. Their website says they have 450 acres

As far a conflict with the trails go, the place is in the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine there ever being so many people there that there would actually be a conflict.

The whole operation opened last year and not only do they have the brewery and tap room open, but they have the grounds developed with trails and a disc golf course? I wish I had 1/4 of the ambition these folks have.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-30-2019, 12:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,390 Times in 2,316 Posts

They must have some damn good beer for a 5700ft course to warrant a 5* rating...
Old 09-30-2019, 12:53 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,588 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
They must have some damn good beer for a 5700ft course to warrant a 5* rating...
I mean it has four reviews? It will level out one day.

Do you want to get outraged? OK, here you go: There is a course near me with a rating of 4 on one review. It's a niner crammed into a tiny park, so it's a lame short putter course. I think you are supposed to throw over the parking lot and at the ball fields, playground, picnic area and such, which would make it breathtakingly dangerous in addition to being a lame short putter course. I can't be sure because there are no tees that I could find. No map, no signs, just nine baskets in this tiny park with a pool and ball fields. It's probably the worst disc golf course ever, or if it isn't it's at least the most dangerously designed disc golf course ever. On DGCR, it has a 4.

I've never been able to bring myself to review it since the one time I was there I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to play it. It's a good 45 minutes away and I have a hard time devoting and hour and a 1/2 driving time to go back and figure it out just so I can blast it with the 0 it so desperately deserves. Everyone around here has heard of how bad it is, so I can't get anyone to road trip with me to help me figure it out.

So there you go; possibly the worst and/or most dangerous disc golf course to ever be has a 4 rating on DGCR. Set outrage meters on "high."

Old 09-30-2019, 02:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,390 Times in 2,316 Posts

Damn 3P... it was a joke
Old 09-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Supreme Disc Golf Authority

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 287
Niced 111 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
The tee signs show a bike path or road possibly coming into play on the vast majority of holes. At face value, you gotta be concerned about a course that brings them into play as frequently as is shown on the signs and I have to believe they're on the tee signs for a reason.

That said, they aren't obvious looking at the course pix, and maybe it's a little harder to throw into through them than the signs would make you think. Doesn't look to be a public roadway. Looks like it's just a dirt road that winds it's way through the property, probably seldom used.

IF it's private property, they should have some control over who's doing what on the property. And if it's a brewery, seems strange it's not listed as a private course.

Way more questions than answers...
Hence the call for some "reliable local help."
Thought I was reading a post from Casey1988.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 314
Niced 2,285 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Thought I was reading a post from Casey1988.
Now I've been dissed by the Supreme DG Authority. My work here is done.