#311  
Old 08-19-2019, 04:41 PM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins in TEXAS
Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,299
Niced 231 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrymu View Post
does anyone know if there are any more first run nocturnal alphas out there? i'm looking for the one with the closed mason jar.
best bet is to hop on facebook and check out the mint groups. there are some that come up fs and a friend has some live oak stamped nocturnal(i believe 1st runs)

mint discs fan page
mint discs collectors
mint discs buy/sell/trade
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 10-08-2019, 10:37 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,257
Niced 960 Times in 526 Posts
Default

Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 301
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?
Or paying 50 bucks a pop.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:35 AM
swhite swhite is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: central Mass
Posts: 954
Niced 835 Times in 401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?

If I recall correctly the second run Eternal Alphas were sold in pearly and candy green, pearly and candy pink, and light blue. So, yours sounds like a transitional color, meaning there are probably few of them.

Most of the Alphas on the market now are from the 3rd and 4th runs. So, yes, ghosts.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:44 AM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 301
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
If I recall correctly the second run Eternal Alphas were sold in pearly and candy green, pearly and candy pink, and light blue. So, yours sounds like a transitional color, meaning there are probably few of them.

Most of the Alphas on the market now are from the 3rd and 4th runs. So, yes, ghosts.
Sounds like a transitional color...why?
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:46 AM
swhite swhite is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: central Mass
Posts: 954
Niced 835 Times in 401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
Sounds like a transitional color...why?
Ha ha. I mis-read discerdoo's post to say "sandy colored" for some reason. Please disregard my post.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 301
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Ha ha. I mis-read discerdoo's post to say "sandy colored" for some reason. Please disregard my post.
I thought you had secrets I was missing out on
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 10-09-2019, 08:52 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,257
Niced 960 Times in 526 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
Or paying 50 bucks a pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post

Most of the Alphas on the market now are from the 3rd and 4th runs. So, yes, ghosts.
😞 Y'all suck.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 10-09-2019, 09:58 AM
booter's Avatar
booter booter is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the plastic bins in TEXAS
Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,299
Niced 231 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Found a lightly worn 173g Eternal AL02-17 at PIAS, looks like candy colored. Looked and felt beefy before I threw it, confirmed beefy after throwing in the field today. Definitely wants some power, my initial flight numbers would be 8/4.5/0/2.5. Beautifully flat, firm and grippy plastic. I don't have big power but was throwing it about 300 BH and FH, had to force flex it BH. Kinda loved it as an OS fast fairway, I guess I'd be chasing ghosts trying to find more of this particular run?
yep, those are the candies and slightly more firm than the usual runs and are a favorite among the mint fans, expect to pay 30+ per. there are 3rd run eternals that fly similar, 3rd run sublimes with the werewolf on the front, those are actually a little more overstable. 3rd run apex is a little less stable than those candies but they fly good enough that you can flex them easily and have more glide than those candies.

if you do not have the power but enjoy flexing them out, any of the recent runs will work for you if you dont mind the dome.the 4th run candy purps are the only ones that came out flatter than the rest.

1 last one you can get, for stock price, are the recent 4th run candy purples. they are light weight(165-169ish) but are firm, semi flat to moderate dome and nice and overstable. its one of the slept on colors of this recent run and i bag them at 166 and still holds for me in any wind.

do not be scared of the light weights, they will surprise you that they arent understable

3rd run eternals:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...12557934592085

3rd run apex:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...21299594494037

4th run candy purple:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...21299655016533

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #320  
Old 10-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 301
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
yep, those are the candies and slightly more firm than the usual runs and are a favorite among the mint fans, expect to pay 30+ per. there are 3rd run eternals that fly similar, 3rd run sublimes with the werewolf on the front, those are actually a little more overstable. 3rd run apex is a little less stable than those candies but they fly good enough that you can flex them easily and have more glide than those candies.

if you do not have the power but enjoy flexing them out, any of the recent runs will work for you if you dont mind the dome.the 4th run candy purps are the only ones that came out flatter than the rest.

1 last one you can get, for stock price, are the recent 4th run candy purples. they are light weight(165-169ish) but are firm, semi flat to moderate dome and nice and overstable. its one of the slept on colors of this recent run and i bag them at 166 and still holds for me in any wind.

do not be scared of the light weights, they will surprise you that they arent understable

3rd run eternals:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...12557934592085

3rd run apex:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...21299594494037

4th run candy purple:
https://mintdiscs.com/collections/sh...21299655016533
Any 4th runs come out as neutral flyers? I fell in love with alphas when I randomly bought a pearly green and pink for 20 bucks shipped. I set the bar way too high from the beginning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Omega: The Alpha and the F.Luke Discs 84 08-14-2019 12:50 AM
Alpha or ZAM Trace JOwens Discs 9 05-27-2017 05:32 PM
Check out the Mint Discs ALPHA driver! Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 2 05-14-2017 01:39 AM
Fairway Driver That Can Handle Power? MikeM Discs 46 04-25-2015 04:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.