Old 09-10-2019, 12:39 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
since i already have a Octotorpe it could be fun to buy an Octo-Haul this time. .

With "only" 18discs in the main and 4 putters on top will the Octo Haul feel much larger/heavier than the Octothorpe?
Not at all. You can cinch the haul pockets down with the straps to make it basically the same size as the Thorpe.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-13-2019, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,140 Times in 573 Posts

Had to ship my Octothorpe in for a repair, took about 2 weeks total to get it back from the time I shipped it. Easy communication by email and kept me updated when the repair was finished and the bag was being shipped back.

And I'm so glad to have it back - I like the shift but being able to add a couple extra utility discs and the overall comfort is just unmatched. Still, looking at getting a custom carlton next year...

Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,506 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarhammerX View Post
Not at all. You can cinch the haul pockets down with the straps to make it basically the same size as the Thorpe.
Can΄t really find any pics with the haul pockets cinch down, but it sounds like a nice idea. . but still it΄s $50 more for not THAT much "more bag" over the Octo

And to get a +$500 bag ( with rain-fly ) to Sweden is going to ad another $160 . .

Hard to decide. . i have a Octo and a Grip BX. . .hmm Octo-haul or Carlton next?
Old 09-20-2019, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,506 Times in 861 Posts

Looks like the Haul is 0,5kg heavier than the Octo
And 3" Wider at Bottom and 1" at Top

So the extra size don΄t really worries me. . but that extra weight kind of do

Thinking about a custom Octo-Haul and a stock Carlton with rain-fly for wet rounds ( i carry less discs in the rain )
Old 10-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 182 Times in 111 Posts

I had some fun customizing and reorganizing my Octothorpe today. I finally found a decent way to affix a seat to the bag which is the only thing it was missing for me to call it a perfect bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (126.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (150.6 KB, 51 views)

Old 10-24-2019, 07:18 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

What's the name/brand of the seat that you affixed? How is it holding up when you walk around with it?
Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 182 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
What's the name/brand of the seat that you affixed? How is it holding up when you walk around with it?
Here's the stool. https://wild.link/amazon/ALbgEw There was a fair amount of jerry-rigging going on. I had to cut out the middle section of the stool as it was way too tall. This was difficult as there is a stretchy cord that holds them together and I did not want to cut that. The cord was not stretchy enough to hold the 2 pieces together without the middle so I ended up taping the sections together. Then I had to take off the larger rubber bottom as it does not fit in the umbrella holder all the way down. It does have a small one that works fine. I will be making a trip to home depot to get a thicker metal sleeve something like this 1-inch pipe https://wild.link/homedepot/ALvgEw to go down the umbrella holder as the stool leg is fairly thin and only has one point of contact and needs a bit more rigidity.

This is the best thing I have found to be able to legitimately sit on. I have tried a custom PVC frame and a metal frame out of the ridge roller bag. I also have this coming in the mail soon as another option. https://wild.link/amazon/ALngEw The only drawback to keep in mind; this only has 1 point of contact, so it's not something you can kick back and put your feet up while sitting on. It's more of a quick resting spot, which I think seems to be perfect for disc golf.

I just put it on today, but it is sturdy enough, and is very light and is not noticeable when walking. I will have to monitor the wear on the bottom of the bag, but I don't see it being an issue.

Last edited by JeCroisQue; 10-24-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:40 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll have to look into those man! Great idea. I get my LB bag here in the next few weeks.