Old 10-15-2019, 11:13 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
This is more helpful than suggesting he go back to a deep rim putter, just because it's the same brand as the Shark.

The improvement might have been a psychological factor of switching discs, or his putting style might be better suited to overstable low profile putters or mids. OP, try a Ringer, Rhyno, Envy, etc.
I agree, why I mentioned a few because the new player did not say if it was the profile shape he likes. If it is the OS, a Hydra is a choice for that due to the rim shape and same flight but mentioning the production plastic type is different. Last the wing shape as I mentioned a few there as well Magnet/Clutch and a Titanic thought mentioned it is a more aggressive concave wing. Lastly if it was all three OS, Wing Shape and Profile Shape I told him to stick with the DX Shark as a putter or try a Rubber Putter as that is Wing Shape and Profile Shape though not OS.

Only thing he mentioned when putting with a Shark was he liked the plastic. So it might be a plastic thing and sticking with a baseline plastic might be the thing that works. Like other plastic softer then DX/Pro D might not work for him. I know players who can't use a non stiff plastic for putting or even for other putter needs, the soft plastic throws them off.

I either use a stiff plastic that is normal grip to slightly slick or I need to have grip to my soft as a putter that is smooth soft/flexible does not work for me as the discs slip out in my putts.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-16-2019, 07:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,730 Times in 753 Posts

Putters have no magic. It is the archer, not the arrow. Find one that is comfortable in hand and does what you expect upon release and practice. Practice is the magic.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-16-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Putters have no magic. It is the archer, not the arrow. Find one that is comfortable in hand and does what you expect upon release and practice. Practice is the magic.
But the right things you like in a putter make the difference, including the OS factor. Find the parts that work for you in and your putting style, then the putter choice is up to you.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hey everyone, thanks for all your help. I lost track of this thread! I recently went to a spin putt and I'm still using the classic blend deputy. I've been fairly consistent from 0-20 and much closer from beyond that. The shallower rim of the deputy fits better in my hand so I'm just going to continue working on my form and getting it better.

Niced: (2)

Old 11-04-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskinny14 View Post
Hey everyone, thanks for all your help. I lost track of this thread! I recently went to a spin putt and I'm still using the classic blend deputy. I've been fairly consistent from 0-20 and much closer from beyond that. The shallower rim of the deputy fits better in my hand so I'm just going to continue working on my form and getting it better.
Nice to see we commentators could be of help.
I have a spinning push putt as I had to redevelop my putt in 2016. If I did not use a Putter like the Mangent/Titanic with the concave rim, I would use a shallow putter like the Upshot #2 or now the Colt, they do not make a true XD anymore as in the mid 2000's about 2006-2007 when I was trying molds out for putter Innova company went to a XD+ as something got messed up when Innova workers had to remake the molds and the XD+ does not feel the way an Upshot #2, a Colt, or XD does but different.

Niced: (1)