#531  
Old 11-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Jet57 Jet57 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 199
Niced 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Woke up today with a renewed sense of confidence. Sincerely appreciate the time/effort of UN and SW to help me out. UN your video does make a lot of sense to me, I think it has some similarities to a video SP made for me several months ago. I think a lot of my mistakes come from interpreting feedback incorrectly and/or taking it to an extreme. I THINK because I've been so focused on not letting my rear foot spin out, that is impacting the sequence of clearing my right hip.

So this leads me to SW's marked up images; yes don't let me rear foot spin out, but I am going about it the wrong way. I am being restrictive. Looking at those images, if I shifted my spine/balance correctly, I don't think my rear foot would have any choice but to do what it is suppose to do.

More to practice and work on. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 11-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Jet57 Jet57 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 199
Niced 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Also need to keep telling myself that if something is wrong or doesn't feel/look right, the cause is probably several parts of the sequence before it.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Jet57 Jet57 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 199
Niced 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Probably a dumb question...

In my setup, what am I doing that is causing my left hip to be "pushing" up? I have dozens of feedback posts where I'm not even setup correctly because my rear hip is doing something funky. I understand that at times my rear foot is the culprit, pushing my hip up. Other times I don't appear to be pushing with my foot at all, but yet the hip still looks the same.

Is it how I am standing on my front leg? Feel like by now my balance should be decent enough to stand on one leg :/

Perhaps I need to shoot a quick clip of just me standing on leg, and swiveling my hips...
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 15,144
Niced 2,890 Times in 1,764 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet57 View Post
Probably a dumb question...

In my setup, what am I doing that is causing my left hip to be "pushing" up? I have dozens of feedback posts where I'm not even setup correctly because my rear hip is doing something funky. I understand that at times my rear foot is the culprit, pushing my hip up. Other times I don't appear to be pushing with my foot at all, but yet the hip still looks the same.

Is it how I am standing on my front leg? Feel like by now my balance should be decent enough to stand on one leg :/

Perhaps I need to shoot a quick clip of just me standing on leg, and swiveling my hips...
Great question!

Yes, I never you see standing balanced on the front leg in your setups and your front leg always looks like your knee is knocked in or some unnatural position. You appear more balanced on your rear leg when setting up or in between your feet rather than shifting fully on one or other.

The more inline or open your stance stagger is, the more the rear foot will evert to the right behind the front foot going forward to put you in balance. When setup in a closed/staggered stance the eversion is toward the left teepad side to move you upright balanced on the front leg, like walking. You are setting up in a stagger closed stance and trying to evert to the right when it should go to the left. Try setting up in a slightly open stagger stance and everting to the right, and then setting up closed and everting to the left.

I'd also like to see you in door frame drill and doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFO7J3AV5Y#t=5m
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 11-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Jet57 Jet57 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 199
Niced 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Great question!

Yes, I never you see standing balanced on the front leg in your setups and your front leg always looks like your knee is knocked in or some unnatural position.
This is really disconcerting to me; when I setup, it FEELS like I am in a position on one leg where I could still squat with a barbell/weights on my shoulders. But when I compare my video to yours, the front leg and rear hip still look different.

Standing in front of a mirror last night, I'm definitely more knee knocked than not. So if that is the case, do I need to do anything differently setup/finish because of how my knee's knock in? This is the first time the thought crossed my mind that I may not physically be able to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post

The more inline or open your stance stagger is, the more the rear foot will evert to the right behind the front foot going forward to put you in balance. When setup in a closed/staggered stance the eversion is toward the left teepad side to move you upright balanced on the front leg, like walking.
Mannnnnn I apologize SW, but I'm just not following.

You're saying when setting up open (Rear heel inline with Front instep) that my rear foot will evert to the right side of the teepad, behind my front foot? Conversely setting up closed (Rear toes inline with Front instep) that my rear foot will evert to the left teepad side? BUT Still going behind my front foot???

Forgive this really dumb question/s...

When my foot is everting, how do I know if it's to the right or left? Is it where my heel is pointing or the path that the heel is moving in?

I'll get some doorframe video up soon, there wasn't a good place at the soccer complex, I almost pulled down a soccer box wall. Did swing drills, trying to match SW.

Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 11-14-2019, 01:44 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 693
Niced 232 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Video is private

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 11-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Jet57 Jet57 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 199
Niced 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Bah! Thanks UN
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 11-14-2019, 03:51 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 15,144
Niced 2,890 Times in 1,764 Posts
Default

1. Your stance is setup too staggered, I'm staggered maybe 3-6", you are over a foot.

2. Note how your front heel has spun around closer to the target in the backswing. My heel basically just went up with the backswing.

3. Note how your front foot is turned back too far now so your front knee is knocked in and you jumped off the rear foot. Note how my front foot is landing about where it started from and slightly pointed targetward and my rear foot hasn't really moved, although the heel is airborne and my spine is tilted to the front leg.

4. Note how your whole torso is facing the target at 12 o'clock when your arm finally extends. Note how my arm released to target with torso at 10 o'clock.

5. Note how my arm then pulls my whole body around into the finish. Your body just stops.


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 2.23.10 PM copy.jpg (66.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg jet me swing 5 copy.jpg (44.0 KB, 69 views)
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 11-14-2019, 05:16 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 220
Posts: 15,144
Niced 2,890 Times in 1,764 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet57 View Post
Mannnnnn I apologize SW, but I'm just not following.

You're saying when setting up open (Rear heel inline with Front instep) that my rear foot will evert to the right side of the teepad, behind my front foot? Conversely setting up closed (Rear toes inline with Front instep) that my rear foot will evert to the left teepad side? BUT Still going behind my front foot???

Forgive this really dumb question/s...

When my foot is everting, how do I know if it's to the right or left? Is it where my heel is pointing or the path that the heel is moving in?
It should be going in whatever direction to put you in balance on front leg.
Reply With Quote
 

  #540  
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 AM
RandyC RandyC is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 227
Niced 154 Times in 88 Posts
Default

You are doing a sequence of different moves. I can even pick them out, the swing needs to be dynamic. The swing will not work if you go 1+1+1+1. When SW is doing his slow motion drill he has a spesific task in mind thus he can make it look very fluid just by tracing the swing slowly but it is impossible to do by trying to copy body positions. If you copy positions you are doing exactly that and it΄s missing that magic sauce which is the task. You can test this out by picking out a task where you are already good at, for example let΄s say chopping wood. You should be able to trace the wood chopping motion in slow motion since you know what you are doing but if you try to do it by getting into right positions it just gets weird.

I challenge you to go outside and pick a target so close that you can toss the hammer there with ease and zero effort. Then pick two more targets each of them just a bit further away. Do it with your left hand and don΄t try to get into positions. Let your brain figure it out, what is the best way to swing the hammer at the target. Your focus should primarly be at the target. Since you are doing it lefty there shouldnt (hopefully) be any drilled moves, all you have is the hammer and a target where you want the hammer to go.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 400ft Barrier h3ro Form Analysis/Critique 4 07-07-2016 12:01 AM
The 450' Barrier breaking my will Discahol1c Form Analysis/Critique 8 04-18-2015 01:38 PM
Nuke OS, Pa1 300, Pa2 300, Pa4 300, Firebirds, Flicks flyin27 The Marketplace 3 02-12-2014 03:12 AM
Broke 500 ft Barrier!! kachtz Technique & Strategy 142 05-09-2010 12:26 AM
Help Me Break the 300 ft. barrier evansr10 Technique & Strategy 19 02-24-2010 12:41 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.