Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 389 Times in 156 Posts

Discraft is best positioned minus needing a touring top-level FPO player.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 13
Niced 152 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
You probably can basically ignore women in all your marketing/promotion and do just fine in the disc golf market today...
I understand your point from a sheer bottom line perspective. However, ignoring women can lead to bad PR....Really, the first thing I thought after looking that Elite team tracker page was there was no woman on the team.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 992 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
If DD lets her go to Discraft or Innova where she won't be "THE" sponsored player (and Innova and Discraft sells more discs and can afford to pay her more) plus free up what DD is paying her to recruit male players who are better at moving product, you have a win-win. I'm not disputing at all that it was a very nice thing for DD to do and probably a very hard thing for them to do, but it might also help them business-wise.
Which MPO players are left to make any kind of move for next season? I'm guessing life in a van (down by a disc golf course) at her current pay just wasn't worth it. Plus she was working with (i forget her name) the DGPT photog as a side gig to make more money. She's the #1 FPO, DD apparently wasn't interested in paying her more money. I could be wrong but I STILL think DD gets more return for their money by sponsoring more non elite players at a lower cost who will saturate social media with the DD brand.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 167
Niced 474 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
A pasty Jamaican beef patty is the perfect meat pie.
FTFY

Some areas seem to have a strong contingent of women disc golfers. Seems to be more of a grassroots thing - is there someone local who is willing to organize clinics, tournaments, etc. for women. I don't know how manufacturers fit into that process.

On topic - Paige is fun to watch. I hope she does well from a competitive and financial standpoint. 'Twould be nice if she accepted that occasionally playing conservatively would improve her odds of success. Although I suppose it depends how one chooses to define success.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,582 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiellx View Post
I understand your point from a sheer bottom line perspective. However, ignoring women can lead to bad PR....Really, the first thing I thought after looking that Elite team tracker page was there was no woman on the team.
They had Val Jenkins on that team, but they are reshuffling the teams and she and Nate got shuffled off the Elite Team into an "Icon" team. So they did have that spot filled last year, just with a player who isn't touring anymore. That they did that points out to me that they probably realized that they needed to have a woman on the Elite team for PR purposes.

We shall see if they are in the process of creating an actual women's team now. It seems they have the spots on the chart to be doing that.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 389 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Which MPO players are left to make any kind of move for next season? I'm guessing life in a van (down by a disc golf course) at her current pay just wasn't worth it. Plus she was working with (i forget her name) the DGPT photog as a side gig to make more money. She's the #1 FPO, DD apparently wasn't interested in paying her more money. I could be wrong but I STILL think DD gets more return for their money by sponsoring more non elite players at a lower cost who will saturate social media with the DD brand.
I’m too lazy to compare the video numbers, but those random draw events don’t have the same power when it’s Paige v Eric O or Zach M then when it was Paige v Ricky.

Wonder how losing Ricky (from Lat64) factored/s into DD/Trilogy business, sponsorship, and social media plans?

Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 137
Niced 251 Times in 109 Posts

I think we may not be too aware of changing Euro market demographics. We are seeing some emerging high-caliber females from there and it seems like Paige has the driving distance to lead by example. Some of those ladies throw really, really far.
Also, Paul has always been the biggest draw in Europe (duh), and I would think sales for Discraft sky-rocketed after his move. I'd assume a smaller but significant bump if she signs with them.

I just can't see Innova after the rough departure for Val, and they didn't seem to bother doing much to address that afterward.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Which MPO players are left to make any kind of move for next season?
I have no idea. I also had no idea that Paige Pierce was going to be in play.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-18-2019, 12:54 PM
*Super Moderator*

Weird thing going around facebook that Innova posted and quickly took down a Paige Pierce video this morning...

Old 11-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 176 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiellx View Post
They need a woman somewhere on that team just for Political Correctness sake.
in real life maybe we could tell you were being sarcastic but this is the internet. you made a dumb joke in a dumb way and got called out on it.

NEXT