Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 355 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i found them and pulled the trigger on them

$48 shipped

it has the continental sole that consult20 was talking about

not my fav color scheme but whatever

i also hate how amazon has the different prices for different sizes and colors that is super annoying you have to click around forever to see whats the best deal
Yes it's a big game on Amazon, prices change constantly. The ax3's are a good choice, I think you'll like them a lot.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-14-2019, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,982 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Yes it's a big game on Amazon, prices change constantly. The ax3's are a good choice, I think you'll like them a lot.
thanks for the recs on the sole that was a major pushing point to upgrade for a moar durable and longer lasting shoe

looks like the sole and brand name is a bike tire design or inspired or something

Niced: (1)
Old 11-14-2019, 12:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 29

Quote:
thanks for the recs on the sole that was a major pushing point to upgrade for a moar durable and longer lasting shoe

looks like the sole and brand name is a bike tire design or inspired or something
The Continental sole is heavy-duty rubber with great grip and durability, I would never go back to traxion soles for disc golf. They just wear too fast on the concrete pads, I would add Shoe Goo to the bottoms to extend the life but that's obviously not ideal.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
The Continental sole is heavy-duty rubber with great grip and durability, I would never go back to traxion soles for disc golf. They just wear too fast on the concrete pads, I would add Shoe Goo to the bottoms to extend the life but that's obviously not ideal.
do you think continental is better than vibram soles
Old 11-14-2019, 12:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 29

Quote:
do you think continental is better than vibram soles
I don't know, I've never had a shoe with Vibram soles. Maybe someone else can answer that question who has had both. I mean I would find it hard to believe that Vibram would be any better, as the Continentals are so good I was amazed with my first wet, muddy t-pad experience. I did a practice walk up and brace -- no slip. Tried a full power drive with full bracing, no slip.

Now on rubber tee pads that are wet & muddy, you're kind of screwed with any shoe if you try to brace. About the only option there is to put a towel down or do a standstill throw. Wet rubber tee pads are the easiest way to get injured in disc golf.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I don't know, I've never had a shoe with Vibram soles. Maybe someone else can answer that question who has had both. I mean I would find it hard to believe that Vibram would be any better, as the Continentals are so good I was amazed with my first wet, muddy t-pad experience. I did a practice walk up and brace -- no slip. Tried a full power drive with full bracing, no slip.

Now on rubber tee pads that are wet & muddy, you're kind of screwed with any shoe if you try to brace. About the only option there is to put a towel down or do a standstill throw. Wet rubber tee pads are the easiest way to get injured in disc golf.
thank you for all the time you took and your honesty

im excited to try these new shoes but will probably be next year at some point due to mn winter

Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

got my terrex ax3 today from amazon

looks like weather held out and ill try them this week for sure

initial thoughts are these are stiff and also have some nub type cleats on the bottom
Old 11-19-2019, 09:33 PM
* Ace Member *

used the terrex ax3 today one round on wet cement tees and one round on dirt tees (two different courses)

takes a little bit to get used to as it feels like dull rubber cleats

but wow these things grip very well

pretty comfy despite being a little loose in the heel and overall pretty stiff

im tempted to buy another pair of these for back up

i did spray them with some water repellent crap i got years ago from payless shoes not sure if it really works but my socks stayed dry today despite walking through plenty of wet grass

really satisfied with the purchase but of course time will tell for durability

Old 11-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 131
Niced 734 Times in 326 Posts

Yeah, in my experiences the Terrex take a little while to break in. Very stiff and narrow to begin with but eventually they loosen up and become perfect. Then you enjoy some great comfort and grip before they eventually break down on the outside. I usually get a solid year plus out of them with heavy use (DG/dogwalking). But man that first month is rough.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 335 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:
used the terrex ax3 today one round on wet cement tees and one round on dirt tees (two different courses)

takes a little bit to get used to as it feels like dull rubber cleats

but wow these things grip very well

pretty comfy despite being a little loose in the heel and overall pretty stiff

im tempted to buy another pair of these for back up

i did spray them with some water repellent crap i got years ago from payless shoes not sure if it really works but my socks stayed dry today despite walking through plenty of wet grass

really satisfied with the purchase but of course time will tell for durability
I got to play with mine for the first time yesterday. Was awful weather (cold, wet and windy) but needed to play. My sentiments sound pretty much the same. Great grip, even after they had mud or were wet. Seem like they'll be durable.

Sounds like they fit and feel similar to mine. But I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't mind playing in the heavier shoe than what I typically play in. no discomfort. They were actually comfy. My feet stayed nice and warm despite the cold weather. I think they were a helluva deal. Very pleased so far.