Old 11-19-2019, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 32 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
That was a clip from an upcoming Disc Golf Tourist video from Alyssa Van Lanen. I don't think it's indicative of anything.

It should not be a surprise to anyone that everyone on tour is friendly with everyone else. Sponsored teams aren't cliques that shun people who don't throw the same plastic. They all hang out with one another, regardless of "team". Paige hanging out and playing badminton with Sexton (and others) is only evidence that they were once in the same place at the same time.
Hopefully this is true, but Ive read some posts on Facebook from pros complaining about other pros on a same team that, when carded together, gang up and make calls as a group to the disadvantage of the pro on a different team. If its 3 against 1, the 1 can get completely steamrolled.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,144 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Would be interesting to hear what Innova ( or Discraft ) could give her that DD could not. . .i dont think she would move for a little more money.
It must be MUCH more money or her own line of disc ( with Discraft )
She will be on her 4th or 5th sponsor (for some reason i think millenium was in there prior to discraft but i am not positive) in not all that many years... don't know why you would think that.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 705 Times in 380 Posts

Quote:
"The future of FPO" sounds like Henna. . and maybe that video just happened to have a few milliseconds of Paige P in it and somebody took a screen shot at that exakt moment?
I can see that. Henna announcement video with Future of FPO title could easily have other FPO players in it. However, the length coinciding 1:1 with the one below it has me pretty well convinced the picture is a fake.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,829 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Hopefully this is true, but I’ve read some posts on Facebook from pros complaining about other pros on a same team that, when carded together, gang up and make calls as a group to the disadvantage of the pro on a different team. If it’s 3 against 1, the 1 can get completely steamrolled.
I didn't mean to suggest that some players aren't closer to each other than others, and perhaps team affiliation can play a role. I was more making the point that off the course, it's not a matter of DD players hanging with DD players, Innova with Innova, etc. Lots of people hang out together, even travel/tour together, irrespective of team affiliations. So the idea of Paige, while still on Team DD, hanging out at the same place (party?) as Sexton, a member of Team Innova, isn't foreign and suggestive of anyone changing teams or displaying any sort of disloyalty.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
She will be on her 4th or 5th sponsor (for some reason i think millenium was in there prior to discraft but i am not positive) in not all that many years... don't know why you would think that.
To me it always felt like she went back to DD to be with her "DD family" . .not for the money..to be around friends ment more than money. . so what changed?

But im probably wrong
Old 11-19-2019, 10:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I didn't mean to suggest that some players aren't closer to each other than others, and perhaps team affiliation can play a role. I was more making the point that off the course, it's not a matter of DD players hanging with DD players, Innova with Innova, etc. Lots of people hang out together, even travel/tour together, irrespective of team affiliations. So the idea of Paige, while still on Team DD, hanging out at the same place (party?) as Sexton, a member of Team Innova, isn't foreign and suggestive of anyone changing teams or displaying any sort of disloyalty.
Nate Perkings is in almost every Paige Video. . so Discmania then ?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 271 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I can see that. Henna announcement video with Future of FPO title could easily have other FPO players in it. However, the length coinciding 1:1 with the one below it has me pretty well convinced the picture is a fake.
Plus there are 27k people subscribed to Innova, a good number of which I am sure have notifications, and it seems that only one person (wherever this screenshot came from) saw this video notification? Seems unlikely.

Plus I feel like if Innova was announcing Paige, they wouldn't have her in a DD hat in their video, but I could be wrong.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 151
Niced 3,829 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
To me it always felt like she went back to DD to be with her "DD family" . .not for the money..to be around friends ment more than money. . so what changed?

But im probably wrong
What changed? The money, obviously.

McBeth moving was a watershed moment. It raised the bar for everyone else. At this point, I think it's safe to say that whatever motivated players three years ago is irrelevant in the current environment.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
If its Innova she must know what Ricky had and what he got. . .was it worth it for him?

Idk, poor guy can't even afford a real doctor.

Niced: (2)

Old 11-19-2019, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 133
Niced 1,383 Times in 419 Posts

I was wrong when I speculated about where McBeth ultimately landed (though I was right about some things, it didn't change his decision). I might be wrong again. I don't know officially (if I did know officially I wouldn't say).

I'm betting Discraft over Innova.

I think Innova would suffer a big gut punch to FPO team morale. They are clearly a frontrunner for Henna (as is Discraft), they signed Callie McMorran away from DD mid-season, the have Eveliina, and they have a steadily improving team (Allen, Weese, Fajkus, Walker, etc.) that can already make lead cards. I don't think that Innova's brand gets that big of a bump (relatively) by adding Paige's brand. I think their team gets more prestige certainly, but again that may have a collateral damage effect on a bunch of athletes that they've already invested in.

...side note. DD has dumped Callie, Jordan, and Paige's contracts within the past 4 months...are they headed towards a Lat64 style purge? Are they making a play for Henna?

Discraft is where Paige came from (everyone remember the "PP Stalkers"?), and remember she won her first Worlds with them. Val Jenkins really only gave them a half of a season in terms of full-blown grind before Bevel Brewing lifted off, and with Hailey King not ready to take the throne, as well as Vanessa Van Dyken's season being stymied by her trigger finger injury, and also Elaine King's departure for MVP...it just seems like the better fit to me personally.