Old 11-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,072 Times in 595 Posts

She is probably getting a cycle going with her drivers, looking for beat in discs.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 32
Niced 570 Times in 347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Well, Stalker fans might have something to look forward to then...
omg omg omg omg omg

giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy

Niced: (2)
Old 11-19-2019, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,519 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
She is probably getting a cycle going with her drivers, looking for beat in discs.
I get that she would need "beat in discs" . .but odd that she would need to buy them herself

If you sign a player like that should not the Team captain or somebody just go and ask people on the team...
"we have just signed Paige and she need this and that disc really beat in, does anyone have a few?"

And if you sign for a new team. .should you not test all their new discs before you start looking for really beat in ones?
And once you find new discs that you like. .then ask your team for beat in versions of the disc you like

Niced: (2)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:05 PM

Niced 13 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'm going to go ahead and wildly speculate she is going to Innova.

EDIT: Suck it, DD. Suck it.
I guess I'm out of the loop/late to the party...but can someone please explain to me the all the DD hate 'round here?

Old 11-19-2019, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,839 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I get that she would need "beat in discs" . .but odd that she would need to buy them herself

If you sign a player like that should not the Team captain or somebody just go and ask people on the team...
"we have just signed Paige and she need this and that disc really beat in, does anyone have a few?"

And if you sign for a new team. .should you not test all their new discs before you start looking for really beat in ones?
And once you find new discs that you like. .then ask your team for beat in versions of the disc you like
There's no set way to do things. There are probably a number of avenues one could go down to acquire particular discs. A reasonable first step for someone in the position of having thrown certain discs before would be to either dig out their own old discs if they still have them or to seek them out in any market they can. They'd do this to at the very least have some discs they know and have experience with in the bag right from the jump. After that, they can try out new discs and see what else they might find useful in the company's line. If they don't have to start from scratch, there's no real reason to do so.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,177 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinO View Post
I guess I'm out of the loop/late to the party...but can someone please explain to me the all the DD hate 'round here?
Go to the thread that got closed. Let's not get this one closed as well.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 520 Times in 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post

There may be publicity, legal, or ethical issues if she acts like a member of a team prior to the official membership announcement.

Or maybe she just wants to do it herself.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,365 Times in 1,824 Posts

PP probably also realizes that by posting looking to buy discs that she will get tons of fanboys/fangirls messaging her offering free plastic. Quite genius actually.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 131
Niced 183 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
One more piece to the puzzle, Discraft with some buzzz to upstage Innova.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Ok, so Ricky got the Destoyer right off the bat.

Is the Pig a limited run for him or stock?

So if PP is going to Innova, will she get the Leopard3 since Gibson is gone?
I know that it's been 10 years, but before Paige signed with Discraft, she drove with the Wraith. She also threw the Aurora MS midrange. Besides the Aviar, I can't remember anything else that she threw.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 906 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinO View Post
Some complain that the DD sponsored players are too aggressive with their social media outreach.

I'd say that their MPO players* are not really in the elite tier, not that interesting to watch, and in various ways annoying or off-putting. Those last two points are obviously subjective, so your mileage may vary.

*Except Clemons, that dude is alright in my book.

I won't even delve into the rumors that Dynamic has been enacting a shadow campaign to place Lyme-disease-bearing ticks on players who have recently defected from Trilogy brands. Those theories are impossible to disprove, but not a reasonable basis to form an opinion of the DD brand. (In my opinion.)