Old 11-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 178 Times in 85 Posts

Probably been asked before but worded different but here goes;

I wanted to try a CD2 and went to the local disc shop, saw about 20 Roaming Thunder 2s on the shelf, all were the color of faded cat barf or in simpler terms "lost", why?

needless to say I passed on a purchase
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 349 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshelton View Post

I wanted to try a CD2 and went to the local disc shop, saw about 20 Roaming Thunder 2s on the shelf, all were the color of faded cat barf or in simpler terms "lost", why?

Innova swirl game rn

I think we'll see a lot less next year. Probably see other stuff instead.

I'm bummed because it's sometimes my only chance to get a favorite disc in SLine... *Cough* S-P1x *cough* S-MD
Old 11-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

Weird thing is Innova used to have some nice swirls back in the day, seemingly unintentionally. Idk how they can still be failing at their swirly production runs.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If you check out OTB Discs, they’ve been putting up a ton of beautiful swirly FD’s with a variety of stamps. Some are boring but mostly they’ve been on par with some Discraft swirls or prodigy spectrum stuff

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 41 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshelton View Post

I tried one out and loved it, so I bit the bullet and went for the lightest colors I could find for a couple back ups. It sucks that the colors aren't great, but I do really love the feel of the plastic over the stock S-line.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 41 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
Innova swirl game rn

I'm bummed because it's sometimes my only chance to get a favorite disc in SLine... *Cough* S-P1x *cough* S-MD
Supreme flight actually has a few S-P1xes left. I thought about snagging them, but this year I found that I prefer a beat in P2 for that slot.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 90 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrik023 View Post
If you check out OTB Discs, they’ve been putting up a ton of beautiful swirly FD’s with a variety of stamps. Some are boring but mostly they’ve been on par with some Discraft swirls or prodigy spectrum stuff
nothing is on par with the 1060 ANAX swirl

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 705 Times in 380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
Innova swirl game rn

Those can be found if you really want em. Havent seen them pull a huge price in the FB markets, although that is based on Finnish data
Old 11-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Par Member

Niced 80 Times in 47 Posts
Default Discmania Support Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by midairmatthew View Post
To elaborate for clarity, it'll go straight for a bit, but the whole time it seems angry about it. And when it starts to fade, it doesn't dump, it's more like, "Hahahaha! Fool! Now I'll have my way with you!" and it suddenly cuts into a gliding hyzer finish.

I love the Method a lot, if you can't tell.
We're glad you like it! That's probably a pretty spot on analysis. The Method in general is by no means a meathook. They start off pretty overstable but will definitely beat in eventually to give some turn, sometimes more than you would like on the occasional throw, but overall they are very reliable and can handle some pretty good torque while still offering a smooth fade at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
Weird thing is Innova used to have some nice swirls back in the day, seemingly unintentionally. Idk how they can still be failing at their swirly production runs.
The online presence of buyers through social media showcasing discs has certainly shed a new light on the collector market for sure. We'll make sure to get some good R&D in during this off season and see if we can come up with something special. It's time to Reinvent our Game as well.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Par Member

Niced 162 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discmania_Support View Post
We're glad you like it! That's probably a pretty spot on analysis. The Method in general is by no means a meathook. They start off pretty overstable but will definitely beat in eventually to give some turn, sometimes more than you would like on the occasional throw, but overall they are very reliable and can handle some pretty good torque while still offering a smooth fade at the end.

The online presence of buyers through social media showcasing discs has certainly shed a new light on the collector market for sure. We'll make sure to get some good R&D in during this off season and see if we can come up with something special. It's time to Reinvent our Game as well.

So 2021 on the discmania zone?