Old 11-10-2019, 12:55 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 795 Times in 674 Posts

The Urban from Upper Parks checked off a lot of the stuff but the company might I mean Might be going oop soon so.... The MVP Voyager Slim might be the best bet, https://www.amazon.com/MVP-Disc-Spor...st_bbp_dp&th=1 I linked the lowest priced bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2019, 01:05 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 795 Times in 674 Posts

^ to post above.

I have only seen the older MVP Voyager slim not the new one that a player was carrying. The old had the same problem as the Voyager Pro with the feet digging into some peoples backs or hurting that part of the body.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 458 Times in 172 Posts

First round with the CS2 today (finally!). Thoughts:
-it’s going to take some getting used to to carry a backpack. Not that it’s uncomfortable, but I don’t love putting it on and off every throw.
-seems to have just the right space right now.
-I wish the bottle holders were positioned just a touch different, it’s pretty difficult to get a bottle out while wearing the pack

I had 2 putters, 2 mids, and a driver in the top slots and 3 more drivers, another Comet, and another wizard down below. That left almost half of the bottom compartment open for a kids hat and gloves and my raincoat (which I took off and stuffed in the bag after 3 holes). With that load I didn’t love pulling discs from the bottom compartment, it was a touch tight.

I had plenty of room in the side pockets for my thermos and the kids water bottle, snacks, hand warmers, and UV light. Could easily have stuffed more stuff like a pair of gloves and a hat for me in the side pockets. Didn’t touch the “valuables pocket”.

I love the stability of the bag and that even in the quick-draw pockets at the top you don’t have to worry about dumping stuff if it does tip. I think I’ll be glad I spent the $$$.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 257 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
I think I’ll be glad I spent the $$$.
I'm not really a backpack guy, but I had the same feeling after a few trips with my CS. No buyer's remorse at all.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Niced 225 Times in 147 Posts

Two questions:

1) Does filling the side pockets narrow the main compartment? I.e. is there flexibility to exchange room in main to room in the sides?

2) Do backup discs fit into the sides?
Old 11-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
Two questions:

1) Does filling the side pockets narrow the main compartment? I.e. is there flexibility to exchange room in main to room in the sides?

1. The sides are pretty stiff. I don’t think packing the side pockets would impinge on the disc compartment at all.

2. The side pockets do not fit a disc. If you want more storage you’ll have to move up a bag. I do use the upper storage pocket as a second “putter pouch” so all together I keep 5 discs up top, 2 putters, 2 mids, and a driver.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Two questions:

This is my current setup. More discs up top leaves more room to stuff a rain coat, hoodie, gloves, etc in the main compartment which was my main reason for going to a backpack (not extra room for discs).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7ABBD8BB-1A7D-4BA5-A922-265C9D3FBEA6.jpg (151.2 KB, 54 views)

Old 11-23-2019, 06:13 PM
Birdie Member

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Quote:
If you want more storage you’ll have to move up a bag.
The contrary: I cary only about seven discs. If I put all in the main compartment it's still only half filled. But I carry much more other stuff. Currently my main compartment contains discs and clothes and stuff. They start to shuffle and in nasty weather everything gets wet. In your case, you mainly use the upper pockets, but the main compartment still keeps discs and other stuff. (Or does the Grip CS have a separator there? I think not.) Currently I use the upper pocket (or my DD Trooper) for all the small stuff, but when you can get five discs in there for the Grip CS, that would be all my main discs. My backup and utility discs, that are seldom used, could be kept with the clothes and stuff. Or if I can get all the other stuff in the side and top pockets, then I could use the main for my seven discs. (Will seven discs remain upright there or do they fall over?)

Unfortunately, I cannot have a look at such a bag, unless I happen to see a player carrying one on the course, which is low chance.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your answers!

The contrary: I cary only about seven discs. If I put all in the main compartment it's still only half filled. But I carry much more other stuff. Currently my main compartment contains discs and clothes and stuff. They start to shuffle and in nasty weather everything gets wet. In your case, you mainly use the upper pockets, but the main compartment still keeps discs and other stuff. (Or does the Grip CS have a separator there? I think not.) Currently I use the upper pocket (or my DD Trooper) for all the small stuff, but when you can get five discs in there for the Grip CS, that would be all my main discs. My backup and utility discs, that are seldom used, could be kept with the clothes and stuff. Or if I can get all the other stuff in the side and top pockets, then I could use the main for my seven discs. (Will seven discs remain upright there or do they fall over?)

Unfortunately, I cannot have a look at such a bag, unless I happen to see a player carrying one on the course, which is low chance.
I will try some packing arrangements and get some pictures if you want. I think the CS2 would work though.

Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
I will try some packing arrangements and get some pictures if you want. I think the CS2 would work though.
That would be great!

(I meant CS2 when I wrote CS, in the post above.)