Old 07-15-2021, 04:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 789 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I don’t really like the goofy guy from Lat 64 videos, but they did one recently that is right in line with this thread.

https://youtu.be/LQJUOO0W0Sw
I've seen that one. I agree, he's kind of goofy....but if you've followed his 'journey', he's Lat64's media guy and never played disc golf. Tomas got him started playing (seriously, if you work for a disc golf company you should play) and he's been videoing his journey. The videos have been worth a watch since it shows a total newbie (didn't even know the terms) as he grows into the sport.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2021, 05:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,286 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I've seen that one. I agree, he's kind of goofy....but if you've followed his 'journey', he's Lat64's media guy and never played disc golf. Tomas got him started playing (seriously, if you work for a disc golf company you should play) and he's been videoing his journey. The videos have been worth a watch since it shows a total newbie (didn't even know the terms) as he grows into the sport.
I get that. I like that part. Overall It’s like cake frosting. A little goes a long ways.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
It worked for me. I got focused on making my 6 and below speed discs do their work. That began improving my throws and distance as I wasn't trying to make my 9 speed discs go farther by throwing harder.

Since then, I've added a 9 speed back into my bag as it does go further than my 7 speed (not by much but enough to use at times)...I just know that it won't "fly by the numbers" since I can't throw it at the needed speed. For example, my 7 speed goes 225ish...my 9 speed goes 250ish. Not a lot of distance difference...but at times it is just enough for the throw needed.

A side benefit was that my bag got lighter.
Your distances here sound almost identical to mine at the moment, I'm actually going to a course Sunday that I've been to before and this time around I'm not throwing any of my drivers just to see how close the scores will be. They say slow is smooth and smooth is far for a reason I guess. 6 speeds on down allow you to slow your swing down and figure things out without the disc losing it's intended flight, even my more overstable mids fly truer then any driver in my bag currently.