Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Sure you can!

You'll prolly get banned, and the post deleted, but I wouldn't say you can't.

Lol!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 AM
Bogey Member

Speaking of winter disc golf: looks like in these parts it's gonna be a looooong wait until spring to get out there. Weather here has just been miserable for disc golf this whole winter. We just melted 16 inches of snow and then got hammered with about 4 inches of rain in 24 hours on a totally saturated and still partially frozen ground. Lot's of flooding going down so I can only imagine what the courses are gonna be like for quite some time to come. *sighs* Have fun guys! I'm gonna go stare at my packed VooDoo bag and my Black Hole Pro basket sitting in the corner of my room here.......

Niced: (1)
Old 02-21-2018, 07:41 AM

Courses Played: 11
Niced 17 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz58 View Post
Speaking of winter disc golf: looks like in these parts it's gonna be a looooong wait until spring to get out there. Weather here has just been miserable for disc golf this whole winter. We just melted 16 inches of snow and then got hammered with about 4 inches of rain in 24 hours on a totally saturated and still partially frozen ground. Lot's of flooding going down so I can only imagine what the courses are gonna be like for quite some time to come. *sighs* Have fun guys! I'm gonna go stare at my packed VooDoo bag and my Black Hole Pro basket sitting in the corner of my room here.......

Somewhat similar but less extreme situation here. Havent had snow in a while and while it's starting to warm up, the nice sunny days with no wind are usually after a few inches of rain leaving my local course a sloppy mess.

At least theres finally enough sunlight left when I get off work to play a quick 9!

Old 02-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 150
Niced 297 Times in 120 Posts

I had very difficult time deciding if I was pleased or annoyed that it was almost 80 and I was sweating while playing in February yesterday.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 71
Niced 501 Times in 233 Posts

So yeah, hole 7, 8 and 9 at Flaherty are down there somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 323D3AAA-C8F1-459A-8576-8EB71D41CF5A.jpg (161.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:35 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 866 Times in 606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
I had very difficult time deciding if I was pleased or annoyed that it was almost 80 and I was sweating while playing in February yesterday.
only thing annoying if that was the case here would be the mudfest at each local course.

Dont make me find ORDBs flicking off picture....

Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 150
Niced 297 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
only thing annoying if that was the case here would be the mudfest at each local course.

LOL! Yeah but I look forward to the "cold" winter months because the courses are so much less crowded.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 290 Times in 229 Posts

Wear ANY warm gloves in between throws/walking - just take off the throwing hand glove when throwing. And you're good to go.

I sometimes use these gloves that just have the fingertips open, the glove is just a LEVIS's glove I got from Kohls but there is a slightly grippy padding on the palm, so I can jam the disc edge in my palm and it doesn't slip but my fingertips can still grip and rip the disc. Honestly It works great and I rarely had any miscues (not because of the gloves) So I'd say, wear big warm gloves until you throw and if you must throw WITH a glove, the ones I described work really well.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post

Yeah, we're going to be in the same boat with a lot of courses here even once the weather finally turns better. I feel sorry for one course they really cleaned up very nicely before a tourny last summer. Cut back a lot of bad, thorny brush and drained a blackish, swampy pond that was right by the first tee, a real disc eater. Really turned it into a nice 4 star course. Then last Nov on our last outing there the first 3 holes were a shock to us as they were totally unplayable and under water. Turns out a beaver dam was stopping the drained part of the course from emptying and was backing up and flooding out those holes. I can only imagine what that course is gonna be like for many months to come after putting all that work in with the hectic winter we've had.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 267
Niced 1,109 Times in 609 Posts

We've had plenty of snow, followed by rains recently. They issued food warning due to the rain and snowmelt. I might try to play tomorrow, but pretty sure anywhere I go will be a mucking fess.