#11  
Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,096
Niced 1,698 Times in 979 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnow View Post
So is this tourney shotgun start on the pro side? For some reason I recall it being tee times when I went 2 years ago.
Yup, at least on the first day, anyway.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-04-2018, 11:02 AM
bmcgov1209 bmcgov1209 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Courses Played: 22
Posts: 63
Niced 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasnow View Post
So is this tourney shotgun start on the pro side? For some reason I recall it being tee times when I went 2 years ago.
Only on Friday, because they are playing 2 rounds. There will be tee times for Saturday and Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Bgso Bgso is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 145
Posts: 47
Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I think it's two rounds shotgun start on friday and then one round a day tee times saturday and sunday

Am side is two rounds of tee times on Saturday and one round Sunday

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Royalhghnss's Avatar
Royalhghnss Royalhghnss is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Courses Played: 51
Posts: 1,076
Niced 610 Times in 171 Posts
Default

We're on MPO, Jomez on FPO all weekend. I'm not sure about filming the first round this year. We did it last year, and try as we might, we couldn't get both rounds done on Friday, so everything was a day later than normal. It doesn't help the 2nd round is so late we don't get back to my folks house until 8 pm or so. That, and the earlyish start Saturday (11am I think?) don't help. Leaning towards skipping round 1. Jomez is as well pretty sure.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Audible Vibration's Avatar
Audible Vibration Audible Vibration is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: North Dakota
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 200
Niced 83 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
We're on MPO, Jomez on FPO all weekend. I'm not sure about filming the first round this year. We did it last year, and try as we might, we couldn't get both rounds done on Friday, so everything was a day later than normal. It doesn't help the 2nd round is so late we don't get back to my folks house until 8 pm or so. That, and the earlyish start Saturday (11am I think?) don't help. Leaning towards skipping round 1. Jomez is as well pretty sure.
That’s such a bummer, but I understand the reasoning. Any idea why they do 2 rounds on Friday? I wonder if they will consider changing it if they know it’s too difficult for you guys to get it all on film. Especially with the popularity of the philo albatross video, you would think BSF would want as much footage as possible.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-2018, 11:45 PM
jeverett's Avatar
jeverett jeverett is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene, OR
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,164
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
That’s such a bummer, but I understand the reasoning. Any idea why they do 2 rounds on Friday? I wonder if they will consider changing it if they know it’s too difficult for you guys to get it all on film. Especially with the popularity of the philo albatross video, you would think BSF would want as much footage as possible.
To my understanding, Milo is extremely hard (and expensive) to rent. Three days is what they can get, and getting in four rounds alongside the Ams playing three rounds on Saturday/Sunday too basically necessitates a shotgun start and two rounds on one of the days.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-06-2018, 09:37 PM
bmcgov1209 bmcgov1209 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Courses Played: 22
Posts: 63
Niced 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Looks like there's rain in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wet conditions might favor someone like Nate Sexton, who has played a fairly conservative strategy at Milo in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Audentity Audentity is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgov1209 View Post
Looks like there's rain in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wet conditions might favor someone like Nate Sexton, who has played a fairly conservative strategy at Milo in the past.
If the current forecast holds (rain and 60's all three days) it will be the worst weather ever for the BSF since it's been an NT event.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:08 AM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: pacific northwest
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,732
Niced 287 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Did beaver state fling not get its own thread?
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:48 AM
teemkey's Avatar
teemkey teemkey is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Courses Played: 39
Posts: 2,176
Niced 172 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audentity View Post
If the current forecast holds (rain and 60's all three days) it will be the worst weather ever for the BSF since it's been an NT event.
A few years back Christian Dietrich won the BSF in the rain.

And there was Cam Todd's win at the GBO.

Might be a surprise winner ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.