Old 06-29-2018, 08:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 39 Times in 25 Posts

Well, looks like I'm back to the "different midrange every week" strategy.

I was digging through my stack of extras, trying to find some beginner friendly discs because someone asked me to teach them to throw. I found my old Ghosts. They're in the bag now. At least I resisted the Eagles?

Anyway. Two Suspects and two Fugitives became three Ghosts. Beat Excel, Fresh Excel, and a Pinnacle. Also I had an extra slot so Polecat. It's magic. Still.

Thinking about trying an Anode. I haven't bought a disc in so long...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 10:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 120 Times in 94 Posts

Nice setup, if you are replacing your Voodoo the Anode is a solid straight flyer.. If you are looking for something between the Voodoo and Polecat the Proton Spin is more understable but not stupid understable.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Nice setup, if you are replacing your Voodoo the Anode is a solid straight flyer.. If you are looking for something between the Voodoo and Polecat the Proton Spin is more understable but not stupid understable.
It'd be a direct replacement for the Voodoo. From what I hear it'll pretty much fly the same as my Voodoo, just shinier. Unless I don't have enough snap to activate the magic gyro powers.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 316 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
Unless I don't have enough snap to activate the magic gyro powers.
Just sacrifice a lesser disc to the gyro gods and you'll be fine. It would help if Aim officiated the ceremony.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 120 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
It'd be a direct replacement for the Voodoo. From what I hear it'll pretty much fly the same as my Voodoo, just shinier. Unless I don't have enough snap to activate the magic gyro powers.
Yeah check some gyro out, look into the Proxy.. I would think that closest to a Voodoo... but probably plasma it's straighter and not Neutron soft it's more s, still straight though.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Guys, I did something crazy. I decided not to buy a disc.

I was going to buy an Anode to try in place of my Voodoo. The disc that does exactly what I want it to do, and hasn't changed it's flight in the past three years. Also have an ace with it.

But I resisted the allure of shiny new things. I don't think this has ever happened in the history of the universe.

Oh, I also had to buy new running shoes. But that's beside the point.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Ah just like the old days of reading your thread, makes me want to find my Vipers that I bought because of you. I don't remember ever getting one beat up enough to be useful for my game though, pretty sure the over stability stayed no matter how many trees I hit.

I had a couple anodes, they never moved out other putts of mine. I always preferred the Ion to them, or any of my other putters more. Felt like a wizard iirc but didn't fly like one.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animage View Post
Ah just like the old days of reading your thread, makes me want to find my Vipers that I bought because of you. I don't remember ever getting one beat up enough to be useful for my game though, pretty sure the over stability stayed no matter how many trees I hit.

I had a couple anodes, they never moved out other putts of mine. I always preferred the Ion to them, or any of my other putters more. Felt like a wizard iirc but didn't fly like one.
They weren't useful as overstable discs? I have one that starting to straighten out and one that's worn to like a 6/20/-1/3.

I'm over it now. Voodoos forever. Or until I go through my discs and find another old putter I like.

Oh, also swapped my Orcs for Avengers. Because... Why not?
Old 06-30-2018, 10:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
They weren't useful as overstable discs? I have one that starting to straighten out and one that's worn to like a 6/20/-1/3.

I'm over it now. Voodoos forever. Or until I go through my discs and find another old putter I like.

Oh, also swapped my Orcs for Avengers. Because... Why not?
Much of my stuff is over stable enough. I kinda just stopped carrying meat hooks at some point. My noodle arm is more soft than it used to be even

Old 07-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

So. I learned two things in my disc golf adventures today.

Note: Forehand dominant player.

1. The run up I invented when I started playing however many years ago does absolutely nothing.

2. The Avery Jenkins power grip that I've been using since I started isn't good for my game.

On hole one I threw my usual drive. OATy, went in the trees. Bad lie, threw my next one with a split grip, laser beam. So I thought, maybe I'll play the whole round split grip. Next hole, not a real long one. Either throw straight down the right curving tunnel or flick something overstable to the left and pray. Straight down the tunnel, cozied right up to the basket.

For the rest of the round it was like that. I felt like I wasn't getting much power on my shots, but on a slight downhill 320 I was pin high. For reference, my old max distance before I quit for two years was 300.

So I guess its form work for me. And maybe coming up with a run up that helps with getting my release the same every time. Still had some bad wrist roll shots, but this is the first time I remember getting better in a long time.