* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 122 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
This is from the Discmania Official Thread from Discmania Support

P-Line PD was not one of the more popular discs to be made and we did not want to sink another major investment into something that people won't want to buy. We do have some left and will do our best to get those back in stock for you. Thanks for the question and keep an eye out for some of those popping up in the near future.

Before I found the Alpha I would've been extremely needy of P-PDs but no longer.
Thank you for posting evidence.

Stupid idea.

Using this they could justify OOP'ing their whole lineup. I don't really feel like buying gpd to replace my ppd and working them in. Glad I didn't buy a ton of pd again because now I'll probably stop throwing them entirely. The beautiful thing about it was book-ending with a cpd or spd, working that into neutral, and then using ppd for neutral understable and as workhorses until the c or s line beat into goodness.

I mean, they know this is disc golf, right? None of it is popular except for new stuff and the classics.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Kodachrome; 09-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 83
Niced 309 Times in 208 Posts

Isn't this just a ploy to sell their existing stock and then create the demand for those "special" runs of pro?

Whatever, it's ridiculous any way you look at it. Basically nearly everyone who throws PDs seriously knows the value of having Ps in the lineup.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-24-2017, 08:00 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 458 Times in 258 Posts

I'm guessing the large majority of PD throwers buy C-Lines and S-Lines. In order to have a run of plastic made, Discmania probably has to shell out a good amount of cash for Innova's minimum. While they've been around for several years, they still have a very small model line and haven't really been celebrating the success they've gained until the last couple years. It's entirely possible that shelling out that coin for discs that won't fly off shelves could kill their growth, especially if it's a run that us finicky golfers think is a "bad run". Do you want new molds? Beloved molds in different plastics?

There's been a lot of love lately since the letters OOP were written, but there hasn't been before that. Relax guys. Stock up now, keep recommending P-Lines, create the demand, and they'll be back.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 19 Times in 9 Posts

Looking at their Stock at a Glance order forms, on 9/20 Innova West had P-PDs in stock from 170-175g, and on 9/22 Innova East was out of stock of all P-PDs.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 29
Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

PDs still in the bag, but the new glow cd2 is covering a lot of my seasoned PD shots
Old 11-05-2017, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 135
Niced 304 Times in 218 Posts

When I think of the pd family I think having a cpd, spd, and a ppd and you have just about any distance shot covered.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 40 Times in 21 Posts

Been trying a flat, max weight C-PD for utility OS duties. Played a hole 3 times yesterday where the shot is a 250 ft FH, clearing trees on the right/middle, swinging it out left over a small creek then fading back to the basket. Happened to have a 15 mph headwind straight into my face yesterday too.

Parked the first shot and turned it over into the exact same spot into the creek the next 2 times. Guy befind me had a sexybird that just ate the headwind and finished right of the basket.

Anybody using a C-PD as a Firebird replacement? Should I just give in and become another sexybird devotee?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 28
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

It looks like they restocked the P-Line's at discgolfcenter. I bought one from Disc Nation a few weeks ago and it's a lot more overstable than I remember them and the plastic feel is completely different. It's annoying every disc that I've ever liked from the past is impossible to buy a new one that flies like the old one.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 40 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
It looks like they restocked the P-Line's at discgolfcenter. I bought one from Disc Nation a few weeks ago and it's a lot more overstable than I remember them and the plastic feel is completely different. It's annoying every disc that I've ever liked from the past is impossible to buy a new one that flies like the old one.
They didn't restock, those have been there for awhile. It's actually my personal stock and your announcement has forced me to order 4 more.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 28
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
They didn't restock, those have been there for awhile. It's actually my personal stock and your announcement has forced me to order 4 more.
Hmm, I looked like a month ago and they only had a few 175's. That's why I ended up buying one from Disc Nation for like 5 dollars more, which is kind-of ridiculous.