Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 182 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Looks like Altra has been sold to a larger shoe manufacturer...
VF Corp now owns.. The North Face, Timberland, Vans, Smartwool, Lee, Wrangler, and a whole bunch more than just shoes

will they break Altras? Hope not.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 273 Times in 182 Posts

Although I don't own a pair, I have been very close to pulling the trigger on some Altras. I certainly hope a brand that is marketing to a niche market, one that I very much fall into, will not be ruined by this purchase. I experienced the bad side of this when my favorite ball golf shoe company was taken over by new management that changed the zero drop wide toe box shoes into just another golf shoe. They basically alienated the customers that had so loyally and vocally supported the company. They went from a small manufacturer for a niche market to a small manufacturer trying to compete for the same customers as Footjoy, Adidas, and Nike. Nothing wrong with trying to expand and grow bigger, but it is usually not a sound business practice to abandon what made you unique to do so.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-08-2018, 03:51 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydsdaddy View Post
Hey guys, posted a few times on here as I've just started playing not to long ago. This is a bit of a different question, so a little background to give some idea as to where I'm coming from. I've just been wearing old tennis shoes and this weekend played my first tournament and had a great time but I rolled my ankle three times and my feet got soaking wet. Finding good shoes to fit me can be difficult at times because I wear a 4E wide shoe lol. Anyone have any suggestions on some good shoes or hiking hybrid types they use and would recommend? Thanks in advance for any help.
New Balance is what my brother had to wear and he is beween a 3E or 4E depending on the model and Manufacture. He normally if can't find the size he needs a 10 1/2 in his size he gets a whole size larger if the shoe is a regular fit.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Just to be clear, you are saying the T-links are very wide? Are those things even still in production?
Not sure but they still sell the shoes on Amazon.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Merrell Moabs are some of the most popular shoes I've seen on the dg course. They come in wide sizes, as well as at least two kinds of waterproof in addition to the "ventilator" version which breathes extremely well. Merrell Moab Ventilators have been my everyday shoes for more years than I can remember. When I wear out one pair, I go to REI and get another. The only thing I don't like is the round laces, which tend to come untied even when I double knot them. Otherwise the comfort is about as good as I've found for my "duck feet," which are wide in the toes but narrow in the heels. I've also discovered that Superfeet, my insole of choice, makes wide insoles as well, and my feet have never been happier.
Merrell Moabs were designed for the Moab 240 mile running race. That is why they last so long.

Niced: (1)