Old 01-05-2019, 10:21 PM
AKA dgfanatic7

Niced 233 Times in 143 Posts
Cool #Rollout, Everything RidgeRoller

So its been a while since ridge roller has had a thread. I think with the arrival of the R3 box it's time to bring to life a new one. I will be receiving my one of a kind ridge roller r3 combo next week and I would like to give y'all an in depth look and review of it and how it compared to my Zuca AT which is cheaper but from the looks of things isn't as versatile as the Roller. So if you are part of the CARTel, let's see your Roller setup and accessories and why you love it so much. #Rollout!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 171 Times in 112 Posts

I am about to upgrade to the bag/cart combo. For me it came down to the flexibility it provides in what type of disc carrier you can decide to use. Even the putter pouch can be used on its own as a bag. Really excited to start using.

Couples questions: when purchasing, is buying the two poles necessary or does the cart come with a stock pole? Also wondering if any other attachments are must haves to start using the cart immediately.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM
AKA dgfanatic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
I am about to upgrade to the bag/cart combo. For me it came down to the flexibility it provides in what type of disc carrier you can decide to use. Even the putter pouch can be used on its own as a bag. Really excited to start using.

Couples questions: when purchasing, is buying the two poles necessary or does the cart come with a stock pole? Also wondering if any other attachments are must haves to start using the cart immediately.
i believe the stock pole is telescoping, while the custom colored poles come in two pieces and don’t telescope due the the paint potentially wearing off from the telescoping. Which color bag and cart are you looking at?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 171 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
i believe the stock pole is telescoping, while the custom colored poles come in two pieces and don’t telescope due the the paint potentially wearing off from the telescoping. Which color bag and cart are you looking at?
Prob black/black. Undecided
Old 01-06-2019, 01:11 PM
AKA dgfanatic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Prob black/black. Undecided
Gotcha, clean and simple is good. Easy to clean too
Old 01-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Rollout!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,283 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
I think with the arrival of the R3 box it's time to bring to life a new one. I will be receiving my one of a kind ridge roller r3 combo next week..
I look forward to your review. I still have my original RR/Zuca cart and it's freaking awesome. But these new R3 Box carts...they seem a bit..plain. Gone is any sexiness imop and instead we have the delta/crate look. Don't get me wrong...the cart market could use an inexpensive alternative design to what's out there now, and if that's the goal by having a simple design that's easy to manufacture, that's a good thing. So I'm curious what the price point is compared to what's out there now.

What do you guys think about the new look?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r3.jpg (68.9 KB, 144 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 01-10-2019, 12:26 PM
AKA dgfanatic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I look forward to your review. I still have my original RR/Zuca cart and it's freaking awesome. But these new R3 Box carts...they seem a bit..plain. Gone is any sexiness imop and instead we have the delta/crate look. Don't get me wrong...the cart market could use an inexpensive alternative design to what's out there now, and if that's the goal by having a simple design that's easy to manufacture, that's a good thing. So I'm curious what the price point is compared to what's out there now.

Well basically the RR pictured is the other one of a kind, which Joe has stated if anyone is serious, he would do one of a kind custom projects but it’s obviously more expensive. The thing about even stock RR is some of the colors are really unique. Also with ridge roller the r3 box isn’t permanent, it can be removed fairly easily and still used with just a backpack. IMO that makes Ridge roller more versatile than any other cart out there albeit slightly more expensive than Zuca but delta is still the most expensive option
Old 01-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 96 Times in 82 Posts
Default Golf

Quote:
Well basically the RR pictured is the other one of a kind, which Joe has stated if anyone is serious, he would do one of a kind custom projects but it’s obviously more expensive. The thing about even stock RR is some of the colors are really unique. Also with ridge roller the r3 box isn’t permanent, it can be removed fairly easily and still used with just a backpack. IMO that makes Ridge roller more versatile than any other cart out there albeit slightly more expensive than Zuca but delta is still the most expensive option
The RR box and adding a seat cushion and accessories is more than the delta....Delta is $499 plus ship. RR is $365 + seat ($20) + inner box accessories+ shipping. RR backpack/cart combo is $525 plus ship..also the RR box is def a copy of the design of the delta.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,374 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post

It would look a lot better if the mud flap lined up with the damn stripes. Or vice versa.

IMOP.