Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 1340
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 545 Times in 217 Posts
Default New course - West coast of Wisconsin

Wait, west coast of what? I think that's a tourism marketing catch phrase. The term they use to refer to this area of the state, the western border of the state, or the east shore of the Mississippi River, and in this case Lake Pepin - exact location not disclosed for privacy, and likely might never be listed in a directory and will be disclosed on a need to know basis.

Anyway, I'm so pumped right now at the prospect of designing and building a course just down the road.

I'm working our annual Pancake breakfast when I'm approached by a dude I've never seen before. "Matt? You're Matt right? I was told to talk to you about disc golf" Uhh, yeah "We're new to the area, we purchased some land on top of the bluffs and want to put a disc golf course in but have no idea where to begin, we're interested in hiring you to help us. We've got some flat area, lots of hills, a view of the lake from the bluff's edge, lots of trees, some open area, and a power line right of way"

Me - "Well that's the best thing I've heard all year, let's talk"

So, nothing set in stone yet, but I'm going up to take a tour soon, couldn't be more excited about the prospect. Stay tuned for progress.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2016, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

Nice
Old 12-13-2016, 08:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Got a pair of voicemails today - first one says "I'm calling to ask your opinion on the Dynamic Discs Veteran basket, and ... oh, gotta go!" Second one says "Sorry for the strange voicemail earlier, I got interrupted by a phone call from Dynamic Discs and I went ahead and placed an order for the first 3 baskets" We'll order 3 at a time as he can afford them until we have 9 or 12 baskets.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Walked the property for the first time today. Wow. Up there with some of the more epic golf I've seen. Not quite as epic as say, Holler in the Hills, Ozark Mt, or Sugaree, but comparable enough that I'm willing to include them in the discussion of how epic it is.

The obligatory top of the world shot. I'm going to guess the hole will play 450' with 100'+ of elevation loss with the basket tucked into the left towards the bottom of the hill (property boundary dictates). I also imagine big arms sacrificing a disc to the Pepi the Lake monster, or at least attempt to, I'm going to guess near 1000' with 150' drop to get to the water.

A rock outcropping. We had discussions of maybe a basket, or maybe a tee perched on top, I could see either working out..

And another rock face. The top might be difficult to use, as the property line runs right along the top, but maybe a basket tucked along side it, and again maybe a basket/tee from the top.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg course1.jpg (148.6 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg course2.jpg (151.5 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg course3.jpg (154.0 KB, 235 views)
Old 12-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 832
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts

Sounds impressive!!!!! I would love to check it out as well as Golden Eagle. I gotta start course bagging again after my 18 month hiatus.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Now there's a name I haven't seen in a while! How the hell are ya bud! Can't wait to show you my new project.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 PM
* Ace Member *

The most epic course you've ever seen? Come, let me know.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 1060
Niced 67 Times in 31 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
Walked the property for the first time today. Wow. Up there with some of the more epic golf I've seen. Not quite as epic as say, Holler in the Hills, Ozark Mt, or Sugaree, but comparable enough that I'm willing to include them in the discussion of how epic it is.

The obligatory top of the world shot. I'm going to guess the hole will play 450' with 100'+ of elevation loss with the basket tucked into the left towards the bottom of the hill (property boundary dictates). I also imagine big arms sacrificing a disc to the Pepi the Lake monster, or at least attempt to, I'm going to guess near 1000' with 150' drop to get to the water.

A rock outcropping. We had discussions of maybe a basket, or maybe a tee perched on top, I could see either working out..

And another rock face. The top might be difficult to use, as the property line runs right along the top, but maybe a basket tucked along side it, and again maybe a basket/tee from the top.

That seems to be one of the steepest Top of the World shots . . . but also the prettiest because of the river . . . can we cut down the power lines?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 498
Niced 736 Times in 314 Posts

In. Let me know when it's open.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

First 9 holes (utilizing 6 baskets) are carved out and ready to install - well, only 2 of those holes really required any 'carving' but you know. Baskets are purchased and ready to be set as soon as the ground is ready for them. The first 7 holes might be the "lamest" of the bunch, or more akin to your standard park style course, hole 8 gives you a taste of the epicness to come, and hole 9 might make you poop yourself.

Niced: (1)