Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 440 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
My area (Calumet, MI) gets well over 200 inches per year so unfortunately we probably won't throw again until March. Bright colored discs and ribbon may work in a foot of snow, but not in the stuff we get. Plus it snows just about every day (average over 90 days of snow per season)
If we should get a long stretch with no snow we might try to get out. Then there's the problem of trudging through thigh deep snow.
I'm in Minnesota, yet my only thought reading your post is....why the hell do you live there?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 222
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 353 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
I'm in Minnesota, yet my only thought reading your post is....why the hell do you live there?
The Keweenaw Peninsula IS God's country.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Niced 46 Times in 16 Posts

Coincidentally, Innova put out a winter related article recently. Very Innova product-slanted, obviously.

https://www.innovadiscs.com/innova-n...sc-golf-guide/
Old 12-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 59
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
My area (Calumet, MI) gets well over 200 inches per year so unfortunately we probably won't throw again until March. Bright colored discs and ribbon may work in a foot of snow, but not in the stuff we get. Plus it snows just about every day (average over 90 days of snow per season)
If we should get a long stretch with no snow we might try to get out. Then there's the problem of trudging through thigh deep snow.
We never got snow quite like that here, but used to get plenty. Now we barely get any at all. Most winters we could play almost every day.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:24 PM

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Because often, places that look like that in winter, are utterly perfect in summer. I live in Lower MI and Keweenaw is unbelievable in the warm months. Breezy and warm when lower Michigan is hot and sticky.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 17 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Might want to check in your area to see if any Glow leagues are going on. Those little LED lights taped to the bottom of the disc shine right through even in the snow. Usually play some of the shorter courses and makes it pretty easy to find discs. Stop fighting the darkness and embrace it and play all winter long.
You're right, I should do that. I don't think I'd want to walk an 18-hole course on my own to hang glow sticks on the baskets and then circle back to play. I see glow league stuff posted all the time in my area. The only thing for me is my work schedule makes it difficult to plan rounds in advance. I usually just grab a round when I can steal a couple hours here and there on short notice.