Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-26-2016, 09:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts
Default Slower Verdict/Truth/Warrant combo

I have been in love with DD's mid lineup from the first time I threw a truth. Added the Verdict and Warrant shortly after and since then my mid game has never been better.

Problem is that they are getting too long for a lot of shots I like to throw and powering them down is not as accurate for me as a full throw for these shots. I will be working on that as well.

So wondering if there is a OS/S/US mold lineup that feels the same in the hand across the lineup like the verdict/truth/warrant does but is a couple ticks slower. Preferably a premium plastic option too as I am not one to cycle base plastics into the stages I need them.

I do have a harp which I am liking for the OS slot and a Pure which fits in the stable slot however their deeper rims are taking some getting used to. Love the shallow rim of the verdict/truth/warrant.

A plus if it is in trilogy plastic too as I am loving their blends but I welcome any recommendations.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2016, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Meteor, Roc, Buzzz OS.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

You need a roc! In the lat line that would be a mace. The recycled have been running os. I like them the best in gold plastic.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 49
Niced 459 Times in 311 Posts

A1, A3, A4 are a great slow mid lineup in phenomenal premium offerings. Most OS/S/US combos in that range (Roc/Roc3, Buzzz/Buzzz OS) are still going to be pretty long. I'm becoming a HUGE fan of the Prodigy Approach lineup for those tweener shots that I don't quite trust a putter on but feel a mid would be a bit long. I always bag an A3 and have been playing around with the A4 quite a bit now - might end up in the bag for the spring.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 24
Niced 406 Times in 229 Posts

I like to power down a Truth, but a shorter stable disc? Not going to feel quite the same but Proxy.
Flight charts seem to disagree but Mace for me is shorter than the other sorta OS mids in Trilogy but maybe try a Pain as well. Not close to as OS as advertised for me and fits between Bard and a Drone.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,013 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atison View Post
I have been in love with DD's mid lineup from the first time I threw a truth. Added the Verdict and Warrant shortly after and since then my mid game has never been better.
Problem is that they are getting too long for a lot of shots I like to throw and powering them down is not as accurate for me as a full throw for these shots. I will be working on that as well.
So wondering if there is a OS/S/US mold lineup that feels the same in the hand across the lineup like the verdict/truth/warrant does but is a couple ticks slower. Preferably a premium plastic option too as I am not one to cycle base plastics into the stages I need them.
I do have a harp which I am liking for the OS slot and a Pure which fits in the stable slot however their deeper rims are taking some getting used to. Love the shallow rim of the verdict/truth/warrant.
A plus if it is in trilogy plastic too as I am loving their blends but I welcome any recommendations.
Any thoughts?
Several companies are now coming out with the "approach" niche... they're called 'faster putters' but are in between what I'd call 'true putters' and mids.

So Innova has the Stud/Colt/Mirage combo, Prodigy has the A1-A4 (which are actually more overstable, and no real Warrant equivalent). The Proxy/Envy combo also comes to mind.

For Trilogy discs, the Compass is a bit slower than the Truth/Emac Truth, and the GL Core might be a good stable/understable equivalent. Also the Pure is a 'fast' putter, and an Opto/GL combination there might suit your needs.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 44
Niced 665 Times in 388 Posts

The Prodigy A series comes to mind; I think they are somewhat tweeners (like speed 3.5ish), but they might fit what you are looking for and are available in premium plastic.

In Innova's lineup, I think a good combination would be Gator, Roc/Roc3/Shark, Mako/Mako3. All those are available in premium plastic and have a somewhat similar feel (although definitely deeper than the Verdict/Truth/Warrant). There is also the Colt/Stud, which are also mid/putter tweeners with a similar shallow feel. The new Mirage might be a good understable compliment to those although I haven't felt one yet so I don't know how similar it is to the Colt and Stud.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

Bard-Compass-Fuse

They are all slower than what you are throwing today, but still match the stabilities quite nicely. Feelwise they are quite different though.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 9 Times in 4 Posts

Try a Suspect. Same mold as the Harp but just not as deep so it's not as stable as the Harp.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 964 Times in 634 Posts

Bard and Harp are the solution!