Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Am I a terrible person?
Yes, show some respect. 39 48.75%
No, it's a valid complaint. 41 51.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to mambrose

i agree, it is sad but i wanna see there site
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tstack10 Send a message via Yahoo to tstack10

that is very sad news and there arr numerous online retailers that can give you same information...as they mostly write what the sellers wants. wish him and yall the best.

played 3 rounds today love fridays off!!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had the same problem today
Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardob View Post
It's disc golf. Not the instructions to the life support machine that's failing your grandmother in her time of need. Is your bag that empty? Do you really need to know if that Polecat comes in Champ plastic at a 164 grams? DO YOU REALLY NEED TO GET ON THE INNOVA SITE THAT BAD? Seriously? Give the guy a moment of silence. It's obviously what they wanted. It'll probably be back up tomorrow. Monday at the latest. I can personally guarantee you'll survive. This entire thread should have been a tribute to Tim Selinske. Nice one guys. Biggups yourselves. You're all that matters.
hey, I don't want to come off as callous. I'm sure Tim was a great guy. He certainly helped found a great company. And I don't mind that all the visitors to the site see a page dedicated to his memory. They could have that up for a year if they like. But they are a business, and every business has obligations to their customers.

what if you opened up the newspaper one morning and every page was an obituary of someone you didn't know? It would be a pretty terrible edition, and most of their readers would be upset. I don't think that desecrates the memory of the deceased.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i dont really know where to begin here (aside from the obligatory long time lurker, first time poster spiel). i think i see both sides of the argument clearly, and have weighed their merits equally. the side of the tireless consumer, dedicated to innova above all (refusing even to use the internet itself to search for disc information, a shining example in brand loyalty) and having his tireless needs unfufilled by the company he holds highest. respectful and understanding enough to recognize the need to remember the disc golf titan that was Tim Selinske, but also perplexed about Innova's desire to shut down their entire website to honor the passing of this important chain in the Innova family. Surely, the terrific promoter that was Mr. Selinske would not advise his company to close their site entirely on his behalf (a generous gesture to be sure, and if Innova considers itself more a family than a company than unquestionably the right one). Should the consumer be shouted down? Should he have to suffer the loss of the Innova website along with the loss of Mr. Selinske? What harm could a link at the bottom possibly do?
Then the opposing side, either populated with the old school (those impressed with Innova's apparent dedication to being a family and a business ... would Nike shut down if their higher ups died ... kinda doubt it) or the new school (those who can't fathom inconvenience of a single website being shut down when the information is available elsewhere). My heart yearns to place me with the old school. However inconvenient this may be, I don't think its at all arguable that Innova's decision to remember Mr. Selinske isn't touching. You don't see tributes like this often (if at all) and it is a testament to the quality of man Mr. Selinske must have been and how blessed Innova obviously felt to have had them in their lives (business or otherwise). At the same time, its hard to throw my hat in line with people who would rather attack those with opposing (and valid) viewpoints than present their argument in the kind of light that would reflect the quality of a man Mr. Selinske obviously was. He deserves far more eloquence than a mere message board can give, but he also deserves to have a more fair minded argument represent him (where he can no longer represent himself or disc golf). I realize calling for order on the internet is quite ridiculous, but if you truly are impressed with Innova's show of appreciation for Mr. Selinske's contribtions in life (and not more annoyed with people and their perceived needs in general) ... show more class in your argument, for Tim's sake at least.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 271
Niced 19 Times in 6 Posts

I am glad I am not the only one who visited the page and then was a little bit surprised to find you could not get to their main page. I thought making the memorial their homepage was nice, but just found it odd that you could get no further. But it is their business, they can do what they want.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 206
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 458 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Oso Peligroso View Post
hey, I don't want to come off as callous. I'm sure Tim was a great guy. He certainly helped found a great company. And I don't mind that all the visitors to the site see a page dedicated to his memory. They could have that up for a year if they like. But they are a business, and every business has obligations to their customers.
I don't think you're necessarily being callous (maybe a little) so much as (and I'm not really trying to insult you here) lazy. One of the founding fathers of a company you love dies and is honored with the respect the company feels he deserves, and you're upset that you can't find information on a disc (a disc that might not exist without the person who's "inconveniencing" you)? There are a ton of other sites where you can find the info you want. Pay the man some respect.

I am really not trying to insult you, I just believe that you should honor the dead, especially when they're responsible for helping to grow a sport that is such a large part of your life. A day or two of searching on the internet is the least you can do.

Here's what you're looking for.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I don't think you're necessarily being callous (maybe a little) so much as (and I'm not really trying to insult you here) lazy. One of the founding fathers of a company you love dies and is honored with the respect the company feels he deserves, and you're upset that you can't find information on a disc (a disc that might not exist without the person who's "inconveniencing" you)? There are a ton of other sites where you can find the info you want. Pay the man some respect.

I am really not trying to insult you, I just believe that you should honor the dead, especially when they're responsible for helping to grow a sport that is such a large part of your life. A day or two of searching on the internet is the least you can do.

Here's what you're looking for.
Thanks for this post. That is the info I was looking for and I appreciate your civility.

I support innova in honoring his memory. I'd support them in giving their employees a few days off if they wanted. I just don't see why they couldn't put a "continue to site" button on the bottom of the page. I think that a company does have a responsibility to their fans. Yes, they also have a responsibility to their employees. But not allowing fans to visit the rest of the site is totally unnecessary. It doesn't diminish his memory. It just makes people more likely to visit discraft's page (which incidentally is what I've been doing this whole time). Now I'm thinking about getting an XL next. It's just not a smart move for a company to block people from the easiest access to info on their products, because they'll look for other products instead.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:37 AM

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't help but notice that even if you go to another page on the site other than the home page it redirects you to the splash page. I haven't been paying much attention to their plans, but I wonder if perhaps that means that they've decided to debut their new site when they take down the memorial. Probably not, as that transition probably wouldn't take long enough to have to shut the whole site down, but I do know that they're changing some things up.

Oh, and I think it's nice that they would honor him like that, but agree that having it as just a splash page probably would have done the trick. But most of all I don't understand why people are getting so heated about it either way. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see their web site, and it's ridiculous to have a problem with someone else feeling that way. I think tehNoobstar pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 20
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

RIP Tim

...what molds would he want for the memorial discs?