Old 01-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

I've got a stack of the First Flights. They molded up very consistently with a nice dome. All 9 are nicely domed. I don't think you can go wrong with a First Flight.

My pink production run is a flat meat hook as is my blue SP Torrent. I bought an orange SP 170g with a moderate dome which is pretty decent. It turns a bit but has a harder fade than the Prolines.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2016, 09:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 630 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I've got a stack of the First Flights. They molded up very consistently with a nice dome. All 9 are nicely domed. I don't think you can go wrong with a First Flight.

My pink production run is a flat meat hook as is my blue SP Torrent. I bought an orange SP 170g with a moderate dome which is pretty decent. It turns a bit but has a harder fade than the Prolines.
I definitely don't favor flat drivers. All the drivers (other than the Flick) in my bag are domey. Flat drivers don't glide enough and tend to have too much late fade. They lose a lot of distance. I do have 2 First run Torrents and they're perfect. Domey.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just picked up a board flat torrent affectionately named the dinner plate a week or so ago and its an absolute meat hook. With that being said I love the disc not for what I got it for but it is my new utility disc if I throw it low with my flick it will skip and skip and skip. It is probably my favorite thumber disc and I can throw low anhyzers that will stable up quickly and get me out of trouble when I need a disc to go right and I cant get a gap on the right.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 139 Times in 97 Posts

just picked up a couple sp torrents they are board flat and a little gummy. they over stable with a hard hook up when they slow down. works great for fh rollers

Old 09-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 25
Niced 610 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I definitely don't favor flat drivers. All the drivers (other than the Flick) in my bag are domey. Flat drivers don't glide enough and tend to have too much late fade. They lose a lot of distance. I do have 2 First run Torrents and they're perfect. Domey.
I prefer a more flat toped disc for drivers, domey discs tend to be more beefy for me exception is the XL that can be mid domed in Elite Z and I can't do the lower throwing style for me with High dome discs, XL I can't do the low throw anyhow so... My Star Sharks can be higher domed as I use them as max weight short midrange to approach disc. Stingray DX is one that is usually mid domed and then I want my Impact's flat topped/board flat as the flight is straighter with a flat topped/board flat disc. Also Impact's get straighter once they break in a bit.